Great news! the craftsayings archive forum is back up online. http://t.co/0sfpxMeX
by Melinda Kerner
What a novel and wonderful way to recycle those CDs that we all receive from time to time in the mail!
- Inside where it's warm: Sew a gathering stitch around the edge of the circle of batting. Gather it up until it forms a big ball with an opening at the bottom.
- Glue hat to top of head with it tilting back a little.
- Cut a pie wedge from orange fun foam, 6" at widest point and forming a point. Roll like ice cream cone to form the carrot nose. Add a few lines with magic marker to make it look real. Glue nose to face.
- Cut seven 2" circles from black fun foam. Glue in place for eyes and mouth, using picture as reference.
- Cut 3 pieces of wire each 12" long. Push one piece of wire through batting, on each side of head and one in back. You will use the long tails to wire the head to the tree.
- For "buttons" cut three 3 1/2" circles from fun foam. Mark an "X" on each with a magic marker. Cut 4 pieces of 12" wire. Attach one through top of blue circle. Attach a wire to bottom of top blue circle and then other end to top of middle circle. Attach a wire to bottom of middle blue circle and then other end to top of bottom blue circle. Attach last wire to bottom of bottom blue circle.
- Cut 20 pieces of 12" wire. Wrap a wire around each CD, leaving tail for attaching to tree.
- Go outside and....Attach head to tree with wires.
- Tie scarf around "neck" under head.
- Using the top and bottom tails, wire the string of "buttons" to the front of tree.
- Attach the 20 CDs to the tree with the wire tails.
- Step back and admire the sun dancing off your snowman tree!