- Print the Turkey Legend poem below and give to children and help them set a turkey trap on the night before Thanksgiving.
- Get a cardboard box. . .one large enough to catch a turkey. LOL
- Find a stick from the yard and use it to prop the box up.
- Put some corn under the box to attract the turkey. Turkeys like field corn, popcorn kernels, candy corn... any kind of corn!
- Of course the idea is that when the turkey enters he'll knock the stick over and the box will capture him.
- The next morning the children will most likely find the box knocked down, but no turkey, only a few feathers (optional) and their treat with one of the below poems.
- Chocolate covered raisins work well with the poop poem and any type of treat goes with the escaped poem.