Made by Meragale for our 2003 Easter/Spring Swap #2 of 3
Gale got this idea from a larger one made with a chenille face. After trial and error she decided just to paint the face on this mini hat and designed from there. It turned out adorable. Thanks Gale!
- Mini straw hat
- (2) chenille bumpies
- (2) wiggly eyes
- black embroidery thread
- white acrylic paint
- white and pink dimensional paint
- small silk flower
- Paint dome of hat white.
- Poke two holes in the base of the hat dome for ears. Apply blush to bumpies and insert these ears into holes in the hat and glue in place.
- Glue wiggly eyes to face.
- Dip black embroidery thread in white glue. Let dry on wax paper. Cut into desired lengths and glue three pieces to face for whiskers.
- Paint little white muzzles and pink nose over center of whiskers. Let dry.
- Glue a flower to brim of hat as shown.
- Glue a pinback or magnet to back.