- Paint a paint stirrer, a piece of broomstick, dowel, etc. for the handle. A hole may be drilled in it for hanging.
- Stuff a cotton work glove with polyester fiberfill. With needle and thread, sew a running stitch around the cuff of the glove. Insert the handle, pull stitching tight and tie and/or spot glue the glove around the handle to hold in place.
- Tie the scarf around it as shown in the picture.
- Paint "Grandpa's Paddle" with a paint pen or marker on the handle.
- Attach below poem with ribbon.
Dee said she is going to add a few buttons here and there to give it a little "oomph". Great job Dee! Of course the grandkids may think it doesn't need anymore oomph! lol