Great news! the craftsayings archive forum is back up online. http://t.co/0sfpxMeX
40 Bits of Wisdom!
Collection © 1972 - 2002 by Shirley Thomas @ CraftSayings.com
Use individually but please do not reprint entire collection or significant portion without copyright notice intact. Thanks and I hope you will enjoy!
40 Isn't So Bad!
- Getting old is now chick. The rustic look is in.
- Remember, the tea kettle still whistles at you.
- You'll still get a little action when your prune juice starts working.
- Your supply of brain cells is finally down to a manageable size.
- Senility is a good thing. You're always meeting new friends.
- You're now somewhere between the Young and the Restless and the Old and the Senseless.
- Your secrets are safe with your friends because they can't remember them either.
- You can now quit trying to hold your stomach in, no matter who walks into the room.
- Your joints are more accurate meteorologists than the national weather service.
- Wrinkles are just antique smiles. You're very valuable.
- At your age, you've seen it all, done it all and heard it all. Luckily you can't remember most of it.
- Just because you're getting older that doesn't mean you have to grow up.
- One good thing about forgetting is that you can no longer worry about whatever it was you forgot.
- Look on the bright side. At least wrinkles don't hurt. Unless you trip over them!
- Middle age is all the rage.
- Age isn't important unless you're cheese or wine.
- You're aged to perfection!
- At least it is a hill and not a mountain.
- Hang in there, retirement is only 25 years away!
- Finally things will start clicking for you. . . your back, neck, elbows, knees.
- Now you start thinking about the hereafter... you go somewhere to get something, and then wonder what am I here after!
- Forty is not old – if you’re a California Redwood.
- Now it's early to bed, early to rise, 'til you get so old you have to do otherwise.
- You don't need to avoid temptation. It now avoids you.
- You don't have to worry about the police telling you to slow down now, just the doctor.
- You're just 18 with 22 years experience.
- Age doesn't matter. It's ugly you have to watch out for.
- You're entering the metallic years: Silver in your hair, gold in your teeth and lead in your bottom.
- Don't worry about senility. When it hits you, you won't know it.
- Age is a matter of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.
- Hang on! You've reached that age when everything either wears out, spreads out or falls out.
- Old age and treachery easily beat out youth and vigor any day.
- You're not old. You just became a classic.
- Your belt may not buckle but your knees will.
- Your actions now creak louder than words.
- Like a prune, you are not getting any better looking, but you are getting sweeter.
- No more health foods. You now need all the preservatives you can get.
- Be nice to your kids. They pick your nursing home.
- You're not old. You're vintage!
- You are only old once -- enjoy it!