Great news! the craftsayings archive forum is back up online. http://t.co/0sfpxMeX
© 2002 by Shirley Thomas
- Paint a 1 1/2" wooden ball (head) the desired skin tone and glue to the tip of a triangular-shaped sea sponge (body).
- Glue Spanish moss (hair) to the head.
- Use a Sharpie black fine tip marker to draw a simple face. Eyes can be made cute and easily by drawing a curve with eye lashes along bottom of it so she is looking down.
- Glue a 2" straw hat to head.
- Slide handles off of two small brooms. Glue both brooms to back of neck as shown for wings.
- Poke two short sticks into the sponge for arms and glue in place.
- Glue a piece of fishing line to a twig for fishing pole and glue a fish to it. Glue to her body between her arms.
- Glue arms together with a small bucket between them. Glue small shells or stones in bucket.
- Cut a short piece of beige chenille stem and glue green or black beads to it for eyes. Bend and glue to edge of bucket so that it appears to be a worm looking over side.
- Glue dried or silk flowers to hat.
- Glue a raffia bow at neck.
Clip Art: Unknown - angel