St. Patrick's Day Poem for Card Enclosing Tea Bag

This is an archive of ideas to do with St. Patrick's Day.

Moderators: Caboobie, crafterwannabe, krafteekaren, Craftsayings Users, Maintainer

St. Patrick's Day Poem for Card Enclosing Tea Bag

Postby crafterwannabe » Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:02 am

Date Posted: 20:49:30 03/04/15 Wed
Author: Jeanette (Padilla)
Subject: St. Patrick's day Poem Needed

Good evening. I'm making cards for St. Patty's day and need a poem to put inside of it. The card is shaped like a cup. I'm going to put a tea bag in it. I need a poem that says something about wishing we could have tea together, something Irish, St. Patty's day etc. I'd greatly appreciate it if someone can come up with a poem. Much thanks!

Replies:
[> Re: St. Patrick's day Poem Needed -- Janice, 10:58:10 03/05/15 Thu [1]

Try http://sippingtea.com/friends4tea.html - It features different poems, tea recipes and a number of different links with poems etc. Good luck.

[> [> Re: St. Patrick's day Poem Needed -- Jeanette (Padilla), 14:15:00 03/05/15 Thu [1]

Thanks, Janice!

[> Re: St. Patrick's day Poem Needed -- crafterwannabe, 14:56:04 03/05/15 Thu [1]

There is an archived thread with lots of tea sayings and poems. Perhaps none specific for St. Patrick's Day but maybe they will be of some help. I often refer to this thread, select a poem and just add "Happy Whatever Day" at the end. Your card sounds really cute!
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3802

[> [> Re: St. Patrick's day Poem Needed -- Jeanette (Padilla), 15:01:43 03/05/15 Thu [1]

Thank you! I copied them and will go through all of them. I know I'll be able to use some of them.

[> Re: St. Patrick's day Poem Needed -- Jeanette (Padilla), 15:05:09 03/05/15 Thu [1]

Oh! I forgot! Can I post an attachment for the cup template here somehow? It's just the shape of a tea cup and I'm putting a quilled shamrock on the front.

[> Re: St. Patrick's day Poem Needed -- Janice, 17:08:23 03/05/15 Thu [1]

I did find another site with a lot Irish sayings and ideas for tea parties. It is http://sandimyyellowdoor.blogspot.com/
Also here is a cute saying:

Today I'd like to sit and sip,
Forget about the world a bit
Ignore the things I have to do
And just enjoy a cup or two

(You can change the last line to And just enjoy a cup of tea with you) then add Happy Saint Patrick's Day

[> Re: St. Patrick's day Poem Needed -- Jeanette (Padilla), 21:33:16 03/05/15 Thu [1]

Thank you, Janice!! I'm going to check out the site now and much thanks for the poem!

[> Re: St. Patrick's day Poem Needed -- crafterwannabe, 10:18:52 03/07/15 Sat [1]

Jeanette, I think to post a picture or image you have to save photo to an online site. There is an old link in archives about using Photobucket. It is free. They have updated their site many times since instructions were written but the basics are the same. Just need to read the screen and follow Photobucket's instructions. Following link takes you to the Instructions Archive Board. The first post is the one about how to add pictures.
viewforum.php?f=2

[> Re: St. Patrick's day Poem Needed -- Jeanette (Padilla), 15:30:19 03/09/15 Mon [1]

Thanks much! As soon as I'm done with the first card, I'll take a pic and upload it. I can email you the template if you want it.

[> Re: St. Patrick's day Poem Needed -- Jeanette (Padilla), 15:18:29 03/17/15 Tue [1]

The pic came out really blurry! I feel so bad that I couldn't post the pic. I did register with photo bucket though. The card can be made for any occasion so if anyone wants the template and the pic, just e-mail me and I will gladly send it to you.
crafterwannabe

Return to St. Patrick's Day Archive Board