Various Melting Snowman Ideas & Poems

Archives of all of Frosty's wonderful projects, ideas and links.

Moderators: Caboobie, crafterwannabe, krafteekaren, Craftsayings Users, Maintainer

Various Melting Snowman Ideas & Poems

Postby crafterwannabe » Mon Sep 13, 2004 2:40 am

VARIOUS MELTED SNOWMAN IDEAS

Date Posted: 12:52:53 12/15/03 Mon
Author: Lynn
Subject: melted snowman patter needed

This is a picture of the melted snowman pattern I have been hunting, I just know a talented lady on this board has it and will post the pattern.
Thank you, lynn

Picture Fabric Melted Snowman
Link removed 07/08 since picture no longer there but here is a similar one I had saved. CB
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v433/ ... elting.jpg

Replies:
[> Re: melted snowman patter needed -- me, 15:27:24 12/15/03 Mon [1]

I think Melinda made them. I don't think she had a pattern. It looks to me like all it is, is two circles sewed together, something like a powder puff, and a round head attached, and the scarf hides the stitches where you attach the head.

[> Re: melted snowman patter needed -- melinda, 11:22:55 12/16/03 Tue [1]

yup, that's mine.... i made the pattern, myself.
it was pretty easy.
i used the pattern from another snowman for the head. the puddling part, i sandwiched a layer of batting in between 2 pieces of fleece. sliced through one layer where i thought the head was going to go. and turned inside out. I used dark brown fun foam and cut out arms, glued very carefully to base. glued head on, added facial featured and nose, and a scarf, (they hide a lot of mistakes, if there is any)
hope this helps, if you need more, email me.
melinda

[> Re: melted snowman patter needed -- elly, 19:42:35 12/16/03 Tue [1]

Lynn , thanks for sharing the picture. Now I know what it should look.
Had the pattern but no picture.I think it is the same one. Hope so.

Missed the post where you were looking for melted snowman.
Sorry - Here is the site with pattern.Angel Hugs~~~elly
Instructions Fabric Melted Snowman
Note: June '05 Link deleted because it was no longer valid.

[> Re: melted snowman patter needed -- susan, 21:08:26 12/15/03 Mon [1]

Last year my sister made this for the school bake sale table. You need baby food jars, you add water and 1 tsp glycerine. Fill jar 2/3 full, add black plastic hat, 2 black plastic eyes and something orange for a nose, 2 pcs of twig for arms and piece of red ribbon for scarf. Paint the jar lid or cover with material. She added a little card on a string around the neck.
They all sold.

[> [> Re: melted snowman patter needed -- murielle lebrun, 22:03:26 12/15/03 Mon [1]
Wooden Melted Snowman
here is the web site
http://www.northpolechristmas.com/snowman.html
http://www.northpolechristmas.com/meltingsnowman.html

Same wooden snowman here:
Date Posted: 09:29:51 11/02/06 Thu
Author: KPWog
Subject: The Melting Snowman

This is realy cute.
http://www.freecraftz.com/meltingsnowman.html
Last edited by crafterwannabe on Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:53 pm, edited 8 times in total.
crafterwannabe

Postby crafterwannabe » Fri Oct 15, 2004 2:37 pm

MELTED SNOWMAN POEMS

Date Posted: 20:54:58 10/05/04 Tue
Author: Judy Clark
Subject: Poem for melting snowman

Can someone help me with a poem for the melted snowman. It's for all of my Yankee friends here in Florida. Thanks in advance.

Replies:
Poem for melting snowman -- katieangelamber, 08:14:43 10/06/04

Melted Snowman Poems
When it starts to warm up
Place me in your freezer
So I'll last a long time
Hopefully to become an old geezer
katieangelamber © 2004

Keep me in your freezer
So I won't melt away
And when it's nice and warm out
I'll be here to stay
katieangelamber © 2004

Re: Poem for melting snowman -- kelli, 10:32:31 10/06/04 Wed [1]

I wanted a change of scenery
And this is what I thought:
I'll spend some time in Florida!
But this is what I got!
Too much sun just isn't good
For a man made out of snow!
When I get it back together
To the North Pole I will go!
©2004 Kelli Williams

Re: Poem for melting snowman -- Caboobie, 11:15:43 10/06/04

I wanted to send you something
A present for a treat
And so I made this snowman
He looked so grand - real neat
But after I had wrapped him
He began to melt away
So I'm sorry if the wrappings wet
The snowman made it that way
© 1004 Yvonne Lowther

I took some snow from out the yard
I rolled it nice and tight
I made a little snowman
With scarf and hat and pipe
I wrapped him very carefully
But didn't stop and think
Snowmen melt if not kept wrapped in ice
Ah well, here's a snowman rink!
© 1004 Yvonne Lowther

Re: Poem for melting snowman -- Judy Clark, 15:14:02 10/06/04

Thanks so much ladies, they are all so cute. I will get busy on my snowmen now..:)
Bubbles

Re: Poem for melting snowman -- crafterwannabe, 16:07:41 10/06/04 Wed [1]

Applause, Applause to the poets - these are terrific!

Re: Poem for melting snowman -- Caboobie, 16:34:49 10/06/04 Wed [1

Well thank you Carolyn (I'm taking a bow. lol) and well done to the others as well
crafterwannabe

Postby crafterwannabe » Fri Oct 15, 2004 2:43 pm

SEARCHING FOR WASHCLOTH OR TOWEL MELTED SNOWMAN

Date Posted: 14:58:32 10/06/04 Wed
Author: Jutta
Subject: Snowman

A couple of years ago I bought a melting snowman at a consignment shop. He is adorable and I know he is made out of some wash cloths or a hand towel and at a guess I would say has 2 rubber bands around him to define his shape. They covered him with some white "stuff" that even though it was hard it wasn't so hard that you could tell he had a soft body if that makes any sense. He is the cutest little guy and would love to make one but don't have a clue how he was made. Has anyone seen or made one of these?
Thanks
Jutta

Replies:
Re: Snowman -- Retschoolmarm, 15:02:41 10/06/04 Wed [1]

Do you have a picture we can see? By looking at your picture I might be able to tell you how one is made. By stuff, do you mean snow? That could be some of the artificial snows that are used in ceramics, like snow Tex. Linda aka Retschoolmarm

Re: Snowman -- Jutta, 16:19:58 10/06/04 Wed [1]

Hi Linda, I don't have a picture of it right now but I can get a disposable digital and take some pictures. It looks like Snow Tex but it isn't as hard as what Snow Tex gets and wonder if they didn't mix something up to use. As soon as I can get a picture of it I will send it in and see if you can figure out how to make one.
Thanks - Jutta

Re: Snowman -- crafterwannabe, 16:43:21 10/06/04 Wed [1]

Sounds cute, Jutta. While I know there are some links in the archives for melting snowmen, none is made from towels. You might want to take a look at the fabric melted snowman (scroll down a little for link to directions) but I doubt it will help that much - my memory is that it has a wooden or ball-type head of some kind. I did a brief Google search and couldn't find anything. Here's the post on melted snowmen in the archives.
(Note: Link deleted since it was the first post above.)
crafterwannabe

Postby crafterwannabe » Fri Nov 19, 2004 11:12 pm

Melted Snowman Poems

Date Posted: 23:34:02 11/13/04 Sat
Author: Darby
Subject: A melted snowman poem needed

I need a poem to go on the inside of some Christmas cards I'm making. The front of the card has a melted snowman at the bottom and the card reads "Why snowmen don't drink Hot Chocolate!" I need something not to long but something to go with the front. You ladies seem to come up with the cutiest things. If you can help, that would be GREAT.

Replies:
[> Re: A melted snowman poem needed -- jacksmum, 00:50:28 11/14/04 Sun [1]

Whenever a Snowman melts away,
a Snow Angel is added to Heaven that day.
~Author Unknown~

I made a little snowman,
As perfect as could be.
I thought I'd keep it as a pet,
And let it sleep with me.
I made it some pajamas,
And a pillow for its head.
Then last night it ran away,
But first - it wet the bed!
~Author Unknown~

Hot chocolate and snowmen
should never be combined
it warmed up his body
and then melted his mind.
He needed the toilet
he really had to go
the chocolate oozed out
because he was too slow.
Now hot chocolate on ice
will melt and run away
that happened to this snowman
on that sad winter day.
© Sue Pitchfork 2004~

[> Re: A melted snowman poem needed -- jenjoy, 01:38:49 11/14/04 Sun [1]

Too cute Sue! I just love this idea so I had a go at it too:

Every snowman's mother
Worth her weight in snow
Will warn about the dangers
Their snowbabies need to know
The one that heeds the largest
Warning is this one
Don't ever drink hot chocolate
Or you'll melt when you are done!
© 2004 Jennifer Byerly
Last edited by crafterwannabe on Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
crafterwannabe

Postby crafterwannabe » Sun Dec 05, 2004 4:22 am

Idea: White Chocolate Popcorn Melted Snowman

Date Posted: 15:35:31 11/13/04 Sat
Author: tadpole'sgrannie
Subject: melted snowman (white chocolate popcorn)

You all were so wonderful with the "candy corn- peanuts" payday Halloween candy.

I was searching for "snoman" ideas- one of my closest friends was recently diagnosed with cervical cancer in it's late stages... we are hoping she makes it through Christmas. Snowmen are her "thing".

I read the post about the white chocolate popcorn and think it will be great as a melted snowman- somehow- I could drop in a black licorice gumdrops for the eyes and mouth, M & M's for buttons, fruit roll-up for the scarf what for the nose and hat?

What are your ideas?

Can you think of a poem? Not specifically for her, just a general one- I'll probably do this for my teacher friends and my class.

I love all the poems and tags that you are all doing. I'm going to figure out how to share the tags I've made. Is there an easy way to cut and paste them? I'd be happy to make the topper for this and share.

Thanks for all your help and wonderful ideas.

Replies:
[> Re: melted snowman (white chocolate popcorn) -- p31iwish, 17:43:22 11/16/04 Tue [1]

Here is a recipe that I like....you can adjust it to fit your needs pretty easily.

White Chocolate Popcorn Medley
3 squares almond bark or white chocolate
2 bags microwave-popped popcorn
2 cups slim pretzel sticks
1 to 1 1/2 cups mixed nuts

Mix popcorn, pretzels and nuts in a very large bowl.

Melt the almond bark or white chocolate in the microwave and pour over ingredients in bowl. Stir well.

Thanks for the great poems everyone!

[> Re: melted snowman (white chocolate popcorn) -- katieangelamber, 18:20:19 11/16/04 Tue [1]

I just had to add my 2 cents to the snowman saga.

My wonderful little snowman
Has a message from his heart
To enjoy life each day
With laughter from the start
katieangelamber © 2004

[> Re: melted snowman (white chocolate popcorn) -- kritterno1, 19:44:39 11/13/04 Sat [1]

I just recently learned how to save projects in 'my pictures' as jpg so I can share.

[> Re: melted snowman (white chocolate popcorn) -- jacksmum, 20:12:31 11/13/04 Sat [1]

Hi tadpole's grannie sorry to hear about your friend.
I like the melted snowman idea but got a bit carried away with the poem. I'll try to come up with something shorter for a bag topper.
Have a great day.
Sue :)

Mr. Snowman was determined
to get a tan this year
so he stood in the sunshine
dismissing all his fear.
His friends were quite concerned
they bought sunscreen and a hat
but Mr snowman scoffed
I don't need none of that!
Later I went to check on him
and what do you think I found?
Mr. Snowman was now just a puddle
who'd fallen to the ground.
I think you know the moral
this story is trying to say
it's best to just be yourself
than end up in total disarray.
© Sue Pitchfork 2004~

[> Re: melted snowman (white chocolate popcorn) -- jacksmum, 20:41:02 11/13/04 Sat [1]

The snowman stood outside
feeling the sun upon his head,
he knew that he was melting
and yet he felt no dread.
For all things come to pass
and every season has it's time,
and he'd had a cheerful winter
while he was in his prime.
I packed him in this bag
before he vanished away,
to give you a tasty treat
to enjoy this Christmas Day.
© Sue Pitchfork 2004~

LOL another long way.
This should be more suitable:

The snowman was melting
so I grabbed the shovel fast
tossed him in this bag
so bits of him would last.
So enjoy this yummy treat
of a silly melted man
who might have lasted longer
by not wanting a suntan!
© Sue Pitchfork 2004~

Have a great weekend

[> Re: melted snowman (white chocolate popcorn) -- jenjoy, 02:48:48 11/14/04 Sun [1]

Oh, I just posted on the other one...I didn't see this one! It's a double post! dooh!!! Love your poems Sue!!!! Here's another twist to the melting snowman saga:

Some say this little snowman
Wasn’t very smart
He melted from the warmth
He placed inside your heart
For everyone knows snowmen
Warm us head to toe
‘Cause everytime we see one
They set our hearts aglow!
© 2004 Jennifer Byerly

[> Re: melted snowman (white chocolate popcorn) -- jacksmum, 02:51:29 11/14/04 Sun [1]

Awwwww Sweet poem Jen
I'll just bump this back to the top so tadpole's grannie sees it.
Double posts get confusing.

[> Re: melted snowman (white chocolate popcorn) -- gayle, 05:20:13 11/14/04 Sun [1]

i'm new to the group, but love all the great ideas, and sharing i've seen.
the poem is covered by the talented group of poets.
my idea is to add a piece of candy corn to the mix for the nose. then make the hat and attach it to the bag with the poem. the hat could be printed on paper, made out of a scrap of fabric, or out of fun foam. this is a very cute idea.
my special prayers for your friend. may all the snow people have a smile on their face for her this season.

[> Re: melted snowman (white chocolate popcorn) -- tadpole'sgrannie, 10:38:27 11/14/04 Sun [1]

Sorry about the double post. When I tried to post it the first time it came up with an error message or something, so I thought it didn't post...

THANK YOU for the poems, they are all adorable. I love the idea of the candy corn for the nose.

[> Re: melted snowman (white chocolate popcorn) -- Cheryl, 18:26:58 11/14/04 Sun [1]

Is there a particular recipe for the white chocolate and popcorn? Cheryl

[> Re: melted snowman (white chocolate popcorn) -- tadpole'sgrannie, 10:03:18 11/21/04 Sun [1]

Cheryl, I used a small bag of white chocolate chips and melted them in the microwave. It covers about 4 bags of microwave popcorn. I did it in small batches, 1 bag and 1/4 of the chocolate at a time. I poured the popcorn in a bowl, then the melted chocolate over the top, mixed it around and poured it on a cookie sheet to dry. I haven't tried it yet, but I think you could actually build a snowman while it's warm, like a popcorn ball. Still expierimenting with the items inside. Think I'm going to use blue M & M's for eyes, and red boston baked bean candy for the mouth. Thinking about mini oreo's with a hershey's kiss on top for the hat, still thinking about buttons.

Archiver's Note: This post is also on a separate thread on this board.
Last edited by crafterwannabe on Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
crafterwannabe

Postby crafterwannabe » Thu Nov 03, 2005 4:30 am

Melted Snowman in Glass Ball Ornament

Date Posted: 06:35:03 10/17/05 Mon
Author: shilo
Subject: Melted snownman in a glass bulb

This is toooooo cute. Everything in a glass ornament bulb. Check it out. Directions included.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v433/ ... melted.jpg

Re: Melted snownman in a glass bulb -- Colleen H, 21:44:27 10/19/05 Wed [1]

Can someone come up with a poem for these ornaments? They are soooo cute.
Thanks

Re: Melted snownman in a glass bulb -- jacksmum, 22:05:19 10/19/05 Wed [1]

Hi Colleen
Hope this helps
Sue

Nothing lasts forever
the seasons come and go
and the sun will shine
where snow used to flow.
Let this be a reminder
to treasure every day
as eventually like snowman
we too will fade away.
© Sue Pitchfork 2005~
Last edited by crafterwannabe on Mon Jul 24, 2006 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
crafterwannabe

Postby crafterwannabe » Tue Dec 06, 2005 1:05 am

New Twist on Hot Glue Melted Snowman on Wooden Base - Instructions

Date Posted: 09:20:06 11/08/05 Tue
Author: carmelita
Subject: Hot Glue Melted Snowman Pic & Instructions

Hot Glue Melted Snowman Instructions

Materials needed:
Wood base of your choice, should be at least 2 inches square or round
Hot Glue
Small Top Hat
Black Beads – 2 each
Toothpick tip (1/3” long) painted orange or piece of fun foam cut like a nose
Miniature tree about 1 inch tall

Scrap of flannel or other fabric for scarf ½" x 2 " long. Put cuts on the end (fringe) and fold in half so that the good side of fabric is facing the same way. It looks like a V on the end that is folded.

If you are using a round of wood (slices of a branch), make sure you wood is really dried. I had left mine rounds outside in a box drying and they got rained on and got a little moldy so I had to sand them all on the top and bottom surfaces. Spray with a sealer and cover the bottom with some felt or Warm and Natural so it won't scratch your table surface.

Put a blob of glue about the size of a quarter on your base and let cool a tiny bit and put your scarf in it (folded un fringed end).

Put another blob of glue just a little smaller than the first touching it a little. Let cool just enough so that when you stick the top hat in it won’t melt it.

Put in your eyes and end of the nose lying at an angle. Sometimes the glue will have air bubbles but it’s OK… looks fine Glue tree along side it.

Replies:
[> Re: Hot Glue Meltee Snowman Pic & Instructions -- jazbo, 09:32:41 11/08/05 Tue [1]

Carmen, that is adorable! The wooden base & the tree is a nice touch.

You gave me a great idea: I have some white 'gloobie' sticks & will make my snowman from that. I will use my no-stick glue mat to form the snowmen on. Then a friend gave me a bunch of old CDs & I will put them on that, to cover the center hole.

Where do you find the little black hats? I can't get to town but about once a week. Is there something I can use, to make them myself? Maybe tiny wooden spools painted black with some black fun foam?

Also, I have the plastic 'veins' from the back of silk leaves that I might use for 'arms' to stick in the puddles before they set up.

[> Re: Hot Glue Meltee Snowman Pic & Instructions -- Franie, 10:04:59 11/08/05 Tue [1]

How cute is that.
Thanks for sharing your creativity
I might just be able to do this one :>

[> Re: Hot Glue Meltee Snowman Pic & Instructions -- crafterwannabe, 15:26:05 11/08/05 Tue [1]

Carmen, I just love your version of the melted snowman. How cute is that on the wood slices? Thanks for the how-to and tips - I'm saving it to try.

[> Re: Hot Glue Meltee Snowman Pic & Instructions -- Laurene, 17:33:31 11/08/05 Tue [1]

I made these a few years back (but not on any base) I printed out tiny signs to glue on a toothpick to stick in glue while hot. "I'll Be Back Again Someday"
Laurene

[> Re: Hot Glue Meltee Snowman Pic & Instructions -- crissy, 17:59:21 11/08/05 Tue [1]

That has to be about the cutest thing i have ever seen! And who would have thought to use hot glue!
Thanks for sharing! I love snowmen and may just have to give this a try!
Crissy

[> Re: Hot Glue Meltee Snowman Pic & Instructions -- carmelita, 22:21:14 11/08/05 Tue [1]

You're welcome ladies...

Actually the orginal melted snowman instructions were for a pin to wear but they didn't work out for me so I thought to put this on the wood. I did used to put little twigs for the arms but with packing and hauling them to shows, the arms would always get broken.

Jazbo, Email me! The idea of using the veins of the silk leaves is great as they wouldn't get broken. Just make sure if you are using hot glue instead of low temperature to let it cool off a tiny bit before sticking stuff in the glue as I can guanrantee that things will melt!!!

The rounds I used were from a cypress tree that one of my friend's husband cut down. I took the branch to work and one of my coworkers sliced it up on his lunch hour :O) If you haven't guessed, he was a woodworker.

This is one of those unfinished projects from two years ago that I came across the other day in one of my "projects to finish" totes.
Carmen
crafterwannabe

Postby crafterwannabe » Tue Dec 06, 2005 1:10 am

More Melted Snowman Poems - Great for Warm Weather Climate

Date Posted: 01:45:56 10/19/05 Wed
Author: Judy R
Subject: California snowman

I just remembered a cute gag gift that I took to my elderly mother many years ago. It was a small jar, about the size of a baby food jar, and it had a tiny plastic top hat, a tiny carrot, and some pieces of coal, or something that looked like coal, and two tiny twigs. It was all floating around in water,with some glycerine in it, so the pieces floated slowly when you shook it. The funniest part was when she looked at it, and in all seriousness said, "What a shame, it has melted. I wonder if you could put it in the freezer and bring it back" DH and I nearly fell on the floor laughing. Talk about a wasted gag! lol I have a bunch of baby food jars, maybe I will try some of these this year, if I ever get finished with my M&Ms. lol Judy R

Replies:
[> Re: California snowman -- Caboobie, 02:58:03 10/19/05 Wed [1]

I used to be a snowman
Very cold but full of fun
Until I stood too long outside
In the Californian sun

I felt my body melting
And very soon you see
A top hat, two arms and a carrot nose
Was all that was left of me

Then a kind old lady found me
And quickly scooped me into here
In the hopes I could be re-froze again
Wasn't she a sweet old dear
© 2005 Yvonne Lowhter

[> Re: California snowman -- jacksmum, 03:46:48 10/19/05 Wed [1]

Nice Poem Yvonne.
Here's another Judy
Sue

I was a tall proud snowman
but I dreamed of a bronze tan
I stood out in the sun
and all my insides ran.
Now I'm just a mess
but my lesson I have learned
so freeze me for next year
I promise I won't get burned
© Sue Pitchfork 2005~

NOTE: I'm not sure of tthe spelling of learnt (learned) and burnt (burned) so feel free to change it

[> Re: California snowman -- Judy R, 03:58:34 10/19/05 Wed [1]

You guys are just too much! I didn't even ask for a poem, and I got one. Now I know I will have to make these up. Thanks to both of you. Hugs, Judy R

[> Re: California snowman -- Virginia, 06:38:15 10/19/05 Wed [1]

Beautiful poems!!! and Judy I loved your story. va

[> Re: California snowman -- Caboobie, 14:47:01 10/19/05 Wed [1]

Well Judy, we just hate to see you doing nothing. Lol
crafterwannabe

Postby crafterwannabe » Fri Dec 30, 2005 5:01 am

Picture: Marci's Melted Snowman

Date Posted: 11:14:10 12/15/05 Thu
Author: Marci
Subject: MELTED SNOWMAN PIN HELP!

Hi Everybody!
I have lots of emails and responses to the Melted Snowman Pin. So, I thought it would be a good idea to post poem and instructions. They are so fun to make and such a Conversation starter when you wear them! I have also sold SO many of them! Believe it or not, but I sell them for $3.oo each. They have been a hit here for years!
Anyway, I would like to ask the Talented Voy Sisters we have to maybe come up with another, shorter poem...and a tag!
I am such an amateur at graphics stuff...all i do is insert a pic and that's it. LOL But...now with the tutorial these talented ladies gave me...I may be able to...
Any help and ideas you can come up with will be greatly appreciated!

[> Re: MELTED SNOWMAN PIN HELP! -- crafterwannabe, 13:05:33 12/15/05 Thu [1]

Hi Marci - There are a lot of melted snowmen poems already written (not that we can ever have enough). If you check on this link in the archives and pick one you want to use, hopefully someone can come up with a tag for you.

[> Re: MELTED SNOWMAN PIN HELP! -- Marci, 13:12:56 12/15/05 Thu [1]

crafterwannabe:
Thanks so much I hadn't seen those ones...

Ok...a tag if anyone can...PWETTY PWEEEEEEEZE...lol
either with the poem I had or this one...or both...lol...thank you all soo much! You all are SOOOOOOOO talented...I dont know what we'd do without you guys!

Some say this little snowman
Wasn’t very smart
He melted from the warmth
He placed inside your heart
For everyone knows snowman
Warm us head to toe
‘Cause everytime we see one
They set our hearts aglow!
© 2004 Jennifer Byerly

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!
Crafty Hugs,
Marci

[> Re: MELTED SNOWMAN PIN HELP! -- Sheri, 21:01:04 12/15/05 Thu [1]

Ok, here are a couple to choose from. To download the full size (300 DPI) images, follow this link:

Printable Tags
Note: Link to tag was no longer valid so it was deleted 7/06

[> Re: MELTED SNOWMAN PIN HELP! -- Marci, 10:45:09 12/16/05 Fri [1]

OMG Sheri those are AWESOME! Thank you so so so so so so so much. You are sooo talented...BIG thank you hugs!
Marci

[> Re: MELTED SNOWMAN PIN HELP! -- Sheri, 13:40:28 12/16/05 Fri [1]

You're very welcome! Glad you like them.
Sheri
Last edited by crafterwannabe on Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
crafterwannabe

Postby crafterwannabe » Sat Dec 31, 2005 12:36 am

Poem & How to Make Marci's Melted Snowman Pin

Here is the poem I use for the Melted Snowman Pin:

Last night I heard a knock
It was a snowman outside my door,
Asking if he could come inside
And play on the floor. . .
"Oh", he cried, "what I would do,
to sleep in a big warm bed!"
"But I'm forced to stand outside,
In the freezing cold instead...."
Next thing we knew, a cold wind blew
Mr. Snowman right through my door,
And now there's nothing left of him,
But a puddle on the floor.
"unknown Source"

I found this poem at this site but no author's name was attached:
http://www.craftygardener.ca/winter1.html

How-To

The melted part of the snowman is glue from a glue gun. Hot Melt is better the Cool Melt glue stays sticky and it discolors to a "yellowish" color.

I do globs of glue on foil or even waxed paper. Let glue cool for just a minute or so then add small plastic top-hat, button, and for the arms I cut off small twiggy, branchy looking things off of the silk flower bunches. I used toothpicks at one time and little twigs, but they break too easily. Let melted snowman cool completely and glue a pin back on the back. I attached to that small "amateur tag"...LOL and I sell them for $3.00....they sell like Crazy!

**Another hint...if you don't let the glue cool a tiny bit before adding the hat, it will melt the hat. But in all reality, it kind of looks neat with a little melting on the hat. I guess it is just your own preference.
~~Marci~~
crafterwannabe

Postby crafterwannabe » Sun Apr 30, 2006 11:05 pm

Instructions & Poem: Wanda's Melting Snowman
Note: To read full post, look under Wanda's Crafts on the Picture Gallery Board.

Date Posted: 16:38:18 04/19/06 Wed
Author: Wanda,in Nova Scotia
Subject: A Melting Baby Snowman ºÜº or should that be Snowbaby??

My friend Barb Sartell, who is a talented crafter from this board , resized and suggested we try the Melting Snowman ...sew here is my attempt. Hope you will enjoy him ...he was sew much fun to make esp. on a miserable rainy day like it has been here in Nova Scotia today . Now my kitchen ceiling is literally dripping onto the floor

Here is my Melting Snowman
Note: Link deleted since Wanda removed photo from Photobucket

[> Re: A Melting Baby Snowman ºÜº or should that be Snowbaby?? -- Caboobie, 17:23:03 04/19/06 Wed [1]

He's cute and I love Katie

I'm just a little sno-buddy
I'm just visiting for a day
So please won't someone buy me
Before I melt away.
© 2006 Yvonne Lowther
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date Posted: 22:08:25 04/22/06 Sat
Author: Wanda ,in Nova Scotia
Subject: The Pattern for the Melting Snowman

Wanda's Instructions: (We're leaving the link here for convenience even though it's already archived above.)
The pattern for the Melting Baby Snowman is at Hancock Fabrics site ; the Melting Snowman and then just cut the measurements in 1/2......8.5" circle for body, 2x5" for the head and 2x5.5" for hat.....scarf, just cut a piece......no arms . Here's the link :

Link deleted since no longer valid.

Happy Stitching ....and it sure would be nice to see what you all make ; we could have a whole community of melting snowmen .........
Hugs,
Wanda ,in Nova Scotia
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Additional Instructions from Wanda

The pattern for the Melting Baby Snowman is at Hancock Fabrics site ; the Melting Snowman and then just cut the measurements in 1/2......8.5" circle for body, 2x5" for the head and 2.5"x 5.75" for hat.....scarf, cut a piece about 10" x 3/4" ......no arms .
See Hancock link above.

Barb came up with the measurements which are about half of the original pattern .

We don't use the arms part of the pattern . When I cut and sew the head , I also have the head piece cut from batt and sew them as one piece , stuff as usual .

To get the real "melted " look , don't use the batt circle in the bottom of the body ...it gives too much height .Sew when you stuff the body you should have 1/2 cup plastic pellets and then I add a small circle (about 3 1/2 " ) of batt on the top , pull gathering threads tight and glue on the head .

If I've missed anything ,just give me a shout and I'll do my best to explain better !
Hugs 'n Stitches ,
Wanda , in Nova Scotia
crafterwannabe

Postby crafterwannabe » Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:30 pm

Links: Melted Snowman

Date Posted: 20:28:47 03/26/07 Mon
Author: jan
Subject: ISO a picture of a melted snowman

I am looking for some pictures of some melted snowwmen. Can any one help me out? Thanks and hugs.

Replies:
[> Re: ISO a picture of a melted snowman -- Ruby Vt, 09:11:15 03/27/07 Tue [1]

I bought one a few years ago,all it was,was a jar of water and in it was a black hat, orange nose and black buttons for eyes.

[> Re: ISO a picture of a melted snowman -- Lori Jean, 10:10:53 03/27/07 Tue [1]

Jan,
I'm not too sure if you are talking about a graphic, an actual photo or a craft? But, here are some craft ones:

http://www.makingfriends.com/scouts/swa ... melted.htm

Hugs,
Lori Jean :o)

[> Re: ISO a picture of a melted snowman -- jan, 23:33:59 03/27/07 Tue [1]

Thank you for the ideals.Still looking for some more.
Last edited by crafterwannabe on Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
crafterwannabe

Postby crafterwannabe » Sat May 26, 2007 1:09 am

Picture Only - Plastic Canvas Melting Snowman

Date Posted: 06:18:03 04/22/07 Sun
Author: jan
Subject: ISO: THIS Melting Snowman Plastic Canvas

Please I have been looking for a week for this pattern, and still can't find it. It's the cutest melting snowman I have seen, But if there is some smart lady's that can make the pattern that would also be great, please please help me. Here is the picture.

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o38/ ... NOWMAN.jpg

Archiver's Note: No one had a pattern for this but one member said they would try to make one. We felt it would be good to post the picture anyway.
crafterwannabe

Postby crafterwannabe » Sat Nov 10, 2007 3:46 am

Melted Snowman Ornament

Date Posted: 08:04:37 10/28/07 Sun
Subject: Make a melted snowman ornament

http://www.craftelf.com/Craft_elf_holid ... rnamen.htm
crafterwannabe

Postby crafterwannabe » Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:25 am

Melted Snowman Ornament (white glue or glue gun)

Date Posted: 08:11:43 11/28/07 Wed
Subject: Make a cute melted snowman ornie

http://www.makingfriends.com/winter/orn ... melted.htm

[> Re: Make a cute melted snowman ornie -- karen from ohio, 11:53:20 11/28/07 Wed [1]

My grandson and I have been making melted snowmen something like this.....we used the hot glue and then I bought him small plastic black tophats, 4mm black fauceted beads for eyes and painted the ends of toothpicks orange and cut them off for their noses. He is almost 4 years old and just loved this project.
crafterwannabe

Next

Return to Frosty's Archive Board