Craft Interests of Some Voy/CraftSayings Members

Archives for www.voy.com/100606/ ... Only archivers should post on this board but anyone can view.

Moderators: angela, crafterwannabe, vheyovs50i, Wilma, krafteekaren, Iwuv2craft, Alma, nylirose, wanda49, Craftsayings Users, Maintainer

Craft Interests of Some Voy/CraftSayings Members

Postby crafterwannabe » Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:20 am

Date Posted: 01:23:26 01/29/13 Tue
Author: Lori Jean
Subject: What Type Of Crafts Do You Like To Do?

I thought it would be nice to start a thread listing the "type" of crafts you like to make. This will also give you an idea of who likes what in case you want to email or share things with members on the board who have similar interests. :o)

Okay, I'll start...I like Jewelry Making, A variety of Christmas crafts, Baking, sewing super simple projects.

Your turn! :o)
Hugs,
Lori Jean

Replies:
[> Re: What Type Of Crafts Do You Like To Do? -- SueZQ, 02:46:48 01/29/13 Tue [1]

I love to crochet, sew, and do papercrafts, I but don't do cards or scrapbooking. I enjoy working on gag gifts and stocking stuffers, but when it finally gets warm enough here in MN you'll find me out in the flower beds every day.

[> Re: What Type Of Crafts Do You Like To Do? -- donna in nc, 05:31:41 01/29/13 Tue [1]

I love all crafts crocheting,plastic canvas,card making, but my heart is recycling crafts I really get into the things others throw away

[> Re: What Type Of Crafts Do You Like To Do? -- SarahC, 06:19:52 01/29/13 Tue [1]

I do mostly crochet and papercraft(cards,scrapping,teabag folding,3-d cut n fold).But I've done a little bit of everything:jewelry,cross-stitch,embroidery,general crafts,plastic canvas...I caught the crafting bug from my mother!

[> Re: What Type Of Crafts Do You Like To Do? -- * Crafty Sue *, 07:19:24 01/29/13 Tue [1]

Thanks Lori Jean for putting up this post.
I like creative stitchery, embroidery and sewing with felt.
I like making tiny ornaments for Christmas and other holidays and I love papercrafts like making my own cards and making printables.
Sue.

[> Re: What Type Of Crafts Do You Like To Do? -- Blazer(Darlene P.), 08:57:16 01/29/13 Tue [1]

Thanks Lori Jean this post is a good idea! I have a Cuttlebug and enjoy hints and ideas of using it or of storing items used with it as well as Craft Room Storage ideas, Cardmaking, simple seasonal craft ideas that I can make and send or share with Shut-ins, Nursing home etc. I love the Outdoors, Flowers sharing Flowers Seed and Gardening.
Blazer(Darlene P.)

[> Re: What Type Of Crafts Do You Like To Do? -- MaryLee, 09:22:22 01/29/13 Tue [1]

My first love is sewing, especially making my dolls,second is making wood crafts. I also like to do cross stitch but haven't had the time to sit and do that much anymore. I haven't gotten into the paper crafting for making cards, etc YET! LOL It's nice to see what everyone does, so this is a great post !

[> Re: What Type Of Crafts Do You Like To Do? -- Laurene, 10:24:02 01/29/13 Tue [1]

I like making paper crafts,all holiday crafts, some jewelry,angels, and I can crochet a granny square. Wish I could learn to knit. I have the original Sizzix but those seem to be out of date and hard to find dies for.
Laurene

[> Re: What Type Of Crafts Do You Like To Do? -- Joann, 11:21:00 01/29/13 Tue [1]

Thanks Lori Jean for suggesting this nice Topic!

I like making Seasonal Wreaths for our front door.
Hand crafted Christmas Ornaments for our Christmas Tree.
Teaching myself to Crochet and now working on Coasters...got 5 done and working on number 6..sorry I didn't learn this years ago...I'm really enjoying.
Plastic Canvas Wind-spinners and Marbled Gazing Balls.
I love to Bake Homemade Cakes..not good with Pie Crusts though.
Waiting for Spring when I can go outdoors to tidy up the Flower Beds .. have Perennial Sedums that I divide and share with others. I like growing Vegetables too..mainly Tomatoes and Peppers.

It's so nice to see what everyone likes to craft...Hugs~ Joann

[> Re: What Type Of Crafts Do You Like To Do? -- garnet, 11:31:48 01/29/13 Tue [1]

Nice thread. I love everything involving fabric and thread and paper, pressed flower greeting cards and wall art, some beading, silk ribbon embroidery, ribbon flowers, and those lovely folded ribbon angels. Thank you again, Lori Jean.

[> Re: What Type Of Crafts Do You Like To Do? -- Annie~B, 11:49:39 01/29/13 Tue [1]

I do papercrafting and love the Cuttlebug for enhancing cards and projects. Small Home decor items are a favorite past-time; I enjoy finding things from thrift/Goodwill stores and giving them a make-over with different fabrics and paints. I love all the other crafts that I see on the board (sewing, tatting, beading) but I just don't possess the talent myself to do them!

[> Re: What Type Of Crafts Do You Like To Do? -- Connie Kru, 13:54:31 01/29/13 Tue [1]

I like to make cards, using my cuttlebug folders and lots of different die's that I have accumulated.

I really enjoy putting my pressed flowers into my cards and other projects.

I like to do simple sewing projects (My Grandkids were over this week and we made them a lap quilt-they loved picking out the fabrics that they wanted in the quilt.
Connie

[> Re: What Type Of Crafts Do You Like To Do? -- Linda Green, 14:09:50 01/29/13 Tue [1]

I love doing plastic canvas. Right now I am doing what I can for Breast cancer. I would love to make some lanyards for us to hang our badges on. It can be beads or what ever. I am learning to work with beads to.

I cricket. I havent had time to use. But not i am not working, I am going to start making some cards

Thank u Loei for Starting this

[> Re: What Type Of Crafts Do You Like To Do? -- Kathy, 14:59:22 01/29/13 Tue [1]

I love crochet! From thread doilies to afghans. I sell at craft shows and make lots of gift type items. I also enjoy collecting cookie cookbooks, and unusal salt and pepper sets.
Thanks for this thread Lori Jean!
Kathy

[> Re: What Type Of Crafts Do You Like To Do? -- Fay in Australia, 16:12:48 01/29/13 Tue [1]

Gag type gifts, love the yo yo angels & also the pleated ribbon angels.
Photography with a simple "point & shoot"digital camera.
Pathetic poetry for want of a better description, fun stuff
Fay

[> Re: What Type Of Crafts Do You Like To Do? -- bonniek, 16:23:42 01/29/13 Tue [1]

I love to sew, I quilt too. I also love paper crafting cards and a little bit of scrap booking.

[> Re: What Type Of Crafts Do You Like To Do? -- treee, 16:27:56 01/29/13 Tue [1]

I love all general crafts. making crafts for all the holidays. love working with plastic canvas,flower pots, baking, holiday baking, making favors and quilting.

[> Re: What Type Of Crafts Do You Like To Do? -- wanda, 17:00:38 01/29/13 Tue [1]

i also have a cuttlebug and enjoy anyhting that i can do using it, i enjoy making cards, not really great yet, i LOVE to sew,and have 2 sergers i home sewing machine and a industrial machine in my home.i love doing crafts that has meaning, something that you can use and it come in handy.like magnets with great cooking info that you can use while cooking, or mitts for the oven, jar openers, things like this.thanks for starting this thread, it's a great one.wanda

[> Re: What Type Of Crafts Do You Like To Do? -- Dorothea, 17:50:52 01/29/13 Tue [1]

Add my name to the paper crafters. I crochet when my old fingers allow it. I like Christmas crafts, ornaments, tags.
Gardening in the summer and eating the fruits of my labor. And I have an herb garden that I love. Thanks, Lori Jean, this was fun.

[> Re: What Type Of Crafts Do You Like To Do? -- Norma, 17:54:54 01/29/13 Tue [1]

I must be the "Last of the General Crafter's and Master of None" At present I am deep into making nail polish jewelry and about to start in on the wet marbalizing and also dry methods of the painted nails look only will do it with the large flat marbles instead of fingernails. I then have a kit from Walnut Hollow waiting for me, the only thing lacking is inspiration. Hint, hint. Yes, thanks Lori Jean for the thread. Norma

[> Re: What Type Of Crafts Do You Like To Do? -- Lori Jean, 18:08:46 01/29/13 Tue [1]

You are so welcome ladies! I'm glad you are enjoying this thread! It might be a good idea to copy and paste this thread in a word document so you secret sisters can refer to it. :o)
Hugs,
Lori Jean :o)

[> Re: What Type Of Crafts Do You Like To Do? -- pattitube, 18:22:22 01/29/13 Tue [1]

my first love of crafting is to repurpose and reuse in a creative and useful way, I like to crochet, paper crafts, I don't scrapbook, I do make cards and Iris folding items.

[> Re: What Type Of Crafts Do You Like To Do? -- penny clark, 18:52:58 01/29/13 Tue [1]

I enjoy paper crafts such as card making and scrapbooking. And enjoy going to goodwill and repurpose things. I also enjoy making Christmas ornies.
Thanks LoriJean for this post

[> Re: What Type Of Crafts Do You Like To Do? -- crafterwannabe, 00:36:40 01/30/13 Wed [1]

I enjoy a variety of things but want whatever project I'm working on to be quick, easy and nice looking - Christmas ornaments, some paper crafts, simple sewing and quilting projects, a little knitting, small favor-type give-aways. Also love to make easy baked items to give to family & neighbors.

Great thread to liven up the message board, Lori Jean!

[> Re: What Type Of Crafts Do You Like To Do? -- Carol Klee, 03:52:25 01/30/13 Wed [1]

I like trying new crafts, what ever they may be. I do doll making, stuffed toys, embroidery, bead work, Christmas ornaments, baking sweet treats. I am trying my hand at quilting, but not good at it yet. Thank you Lori Jean. Nice to hear what others like.

[> Re: What Type Of Crafts Do You Like To Do? -- Sharon Depew, 07:11:45 01/30/13 Wed [1]

Hello All :) I will try my hand at most crafts, I knit some (love making the sashay scraves) like to make candy grams for others, love to send cards out to others, we garden in the spring/summer months and then can or freeze what we can, love flowers and plants, and like to garage sale go to thrift stores and come up with things to make from my bargains. I also like to sew!

[> Re: What Type Of Crafts Do You Like To Do? -- Doreen, 08:55:48 01/30/13 Wed [1]

I have been through so many different crafts throughout the years from flower arranging, glass painting, decoupage, paper crafts as well as beading and computer graphics...I also love to try painting occasionally and card making, I have tried parchment craft and a few other crafts, it seems I will try anything once LOL! Oh and I also love to recycle.

Great thread Lori Jean, thanks, hope more will write on it : )

[> Re: What Type Of Crafts Do You Like To Do? -- Janet_KS, 09:42:35 01/30/13 Wed [1]

Great thread Lori Jean!! I've been around the forum for many, many years, but rarely have time to post anymore. I do a couple of craft shows in November and December, so most of what I make, I sell. I have a mile long "to do" list and things I want to try, but most of what I'm currently making I've done around 10 years, because they continue to sell for me. I make dry dip mixes, pony bead banners, PC windspinners, beaded Christmas trees and suncatchers, candy bars with wrappers and refrigerater magnets. Things I'm determined to get to this year are decorated candles, a new style of magnets and LJ's pleated angels. When I retire in three years, I'd like to set up an Etsy site, try my hand at painting and return to knitting, crocheting, plastic canvas and cross stitching that I did many years ago. Wow, didn't mean to be so long winded...have a great day!!

[> Re: What Type Of Crafts Do You Like To Do? -- Ana, 13:01:41 01/30/13 Wed [1]

Wow this is a great idea..I love working with felt (not the roving)..But I pretty much like most crafts but I need it to be fast..I need instant gratification..LOL

[> Re: What Type Of Crafts Do You Like To Do? -- Brenda G, 16:22:23 01/30/13 Wed [1]

I like to do sewing,crochet,knitting, & make jewelry.

[> Re: What Type Of Crafts Do You Like To Do? -- Barb, 22:31:02 01/30/13 Wed [1]

I’m getting back into crafts as I quit doing them after my husband’s death 3 yrs ago.
I want to learn how to quill, jewelry making, and learn more about making cards.
I enjoy making cards, scrapbooking, and making gag gifts as well as other things for friends. I like simple crafts that can be completed in a few hours.
Enjoy making table decorations. Enjoy working with kids in doing crafts as well.
Enjoy going to craft shows to learn what’s out there as well as to get ideas.
I love going to garage sales, thrift stores to find things that I can make into something.
I collect craft items and patterns to use later if I like what I see. Lots of time I never do anything with them, but it always there for that rainy day that I just might.

[> Re: What Type Of Crafts Do You Like To Do? -- craftster, 23:55:41 01/30/13 Wed [1]

Crochet, quilling and baking. I used to make a lot of crafts but after a while you don't know what to do with them and it just seemed a waste of money.

[> Re: What Type Of Crafts Do You Like To Do? -- Linda Ohio now GA, 15:12:21 01/31/13 Thu [1]

Thanks for starting such a great topic, Lori Jean.

My love is cardmaking which I do almost daily. Love my Cuttlebug, embossing folders, dies, and punches, plus embellishments such as ribbon, lace, Stickles, etc.

I also make monthly handouts for our chiropractor to give to her patients, and make little handouts to keep in my purse to give to doctors, nurses, bank tellers, waitresses, clerks, etc. It's fun to brighten someone's day.

I've taken a little 7 year old girl with cancer under my wings. She likes to craft, so I make and send little craft kits for her to complete including all the supplies and patterns. Every so often I send her a box of crafting supplies.

So as you can see....papercrafting is my love.

[> Re: What Type Of Crafts Do You Like To Do? -- Nannyday, 20:15:56 01/31/13 Thu [1]

Thanks Lori Jean love this thread. I love to do papercrafting , learning card making, I sew simple projects, crochet, and taught myself to knit the curly scarfs by watching utube videos. I have a cuttlebug and trying to learn to make cute cards with it.

[> Re: What Type Of Crafts Do You Like To Do? -- Linda, 15:10:12 02/02/13 Sat [1]

I love doing Plastic canvas, (even got my hubby doing it) crocheting,making things to put in the yard..making smiple quilts for the grandchildren and great grand daughter..I also like making my own Christmas gifts and decorations..I have hundreds of plastic canvas patterns..and still adding...Thanks for the thread Lori Jean and all those that posted.

[> Re: What Type Of Crafts Do You Like To Do? -- BCBmom, 18:18:54 02/02/13 Sat [1]

Plastic Canvas-Seasonal and The cute items like the ribbon angels that are posted on Lori Jean's site. Quick Easy and inexspensive - I love all the ideas all you CRAFTY ladies post here--THANKS TO YOU ALL AND TO LORI JEAN for this post and for heading this up. (((HUGS)))

[> Re: What Type Of Crafts Do You Like To Do? -- Lori Jean, 19:17:39 02/02/13 Sat [1]

Ladies, Thank you for all your sweet comments! I'm glad you like the thread. :o) Now, I'm going to have to copy this into a word document for future reference. :o)

[> Re: What Type Of Crafts Do You Like To Do? -- robbie, 18:07:29 02/05/13 Tue [1]

40 years ago I did ceramics big time kiln, molds, craft shows then the dollar stores came and ceramics died. I kept doing craft shows doing plastic, sewing, gag gifts then I went back to my first love my mother taught me to crochet at age 8 I have never stopped crocheting but now I am obsessed I have stopped using patterns just need picture to make. Have sold a couple of patterns on craftsy but still do my craft shows now selling crochet items love all the new and exciting yarn and medias

[> Re: What Type Of Crafts Do You Like To Do? -- Sue B, 14:14:26 02/06/13 Wed [1]

What is A cuttlebug?

[> Re: What Type Of Crafts Do You Like To Do? -- Blazer(Darlene P.), 06:52:29 02/08/13 Fri [1]

Sue B. Ask what a Cuttlebug is? If you do a search for Cuttlebug, It could describe it better, but it is a small lightweight machine,no electric needed that uses Dies or folders to Emboss or cut out of paper and many type materials used in Crafting and Cardmaking. http://www.JoAnn.com would also be a place to see one.If you are on http://www.Pinterest.com , put in Cuttlebug Cards and see some of the items possible.I own one and love it!
Happy Crafting !
Blazer(Darlene P.)

[> [> Re: What Type Of Crafts Do You Like To Do? -- SueB, 14:14:15 02/08/13 Fri [1]

Thanks Blazer.
crafterwannabe

Return to Archive Board