Voy Member Favorites/Likes/Dislikes - Crafts and more

Archives for www.voy.com/100606/ ... Only archivers should post on this board but anyone can view.

Moderators: angela, crafterwannabe, vheyovs50i, Wilma, krafteekaren, Iwuv2craft, Alma, nylirose, wanda49, Craftsayings Users, Maintainer

Voy Member Favorites/Likes/Dislikes - Crafts and more

Postby krafteekaren » Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:36 am

Date Posted: 09:06:55 02/05/06 Sun
Author: liz
Subject: OT...What kinds of crafts do yall make?

I think it will be fun to find out just what kind of crafts each of us do. And where we are from.
Im Liz and Im from North Carolina. I do alot of scrapbooking, magnets. And learning and trying some of yall ideas.

Replies:

[> Re: OT...What kinds of crafts do yall make? -- penny, 09:13:39 02/05/06 Sun [1]

Im Penny from Virginia. I do alot of magnets, saying in a frame, bookmarkers, printables, plastic canvas and love to try new things I have gotten from voy. Thanks to all of you for helping me alone to way.

[> Re: OT...What kinds of crafts do yall make? -- craftylady54nv, 11:17:59 02/05/06 Sun [1]

I'm Marisa from Nevada, I do painting on styrofoam (using wood patterns and spackle then gesso for a smooth surface and much lighter pieces), crochet, knit, sew (do a little quilting mostly wall hangings), wood burning on paper mache boxes....mmmmm, that's all I can think of at the moment LOL! And want to try some of the wonderful projects that have been posted here, Thanks so much!!!

[> Re: OT...What kinds of crafts do yall make? -- Dell, 11:20:29 02/05/06 Sun [1]

I'm Dell from Charleston,S.C.
I love to crochet and plastic canvas and general crafts.

[> Re: OT...What kinds of crafts do yall make? -- Terri, 11:41:25 02/05/06 Sun [1]

My main passions are beading and crocheting. I also do some knitting (can only knit and purl--no fancy stitches), rubberstamping/scrapbooking/cards, tatting, bobbin lace, flower arranging and sewing.

[> Re: OT...What kinds of crafts do yall make? -- califncsun, 11:50:02 02/05/06 Sun [1]

I'm Stephanie and I'm from NC. I dabble in anything easy. I am learning to do plastic canvas and the kniffty knitter. I enjoy everything I learn from here.

[> Re: OT...What kinds of crafts do yall make? -- patticake, 12:43:28 02/05/06 Sun [1]

I'm Patti from Cookeville Tn and I do floral arranging, polymer clay, scrapbooking/altered books/cards,etc wedding veils,and I have been trying my hand at egg carving and beading. Got to have good eyes for those tiny beads though,LOL!!

[> Re: OT...What kinds of crafts do yall make? -- Frankie, Fl., 13:44:51 02/05/06 Sun [1]

I like to try all different kinds of crafts. I do crocheting, knitting, beading, card making, printables, plastic canvas, decorative painting, I even have all the stuff to do palmer clay, when I get around to it, but my main love is watercolors. I enjoy painting them most of all. And of course, the puter is a big part of my crafting. I get a ton of ideas from this site. Thanks to all you posters.

[> Re: OT...What kinds of crafts do yall make? -- lou, 19:50:36 02/05/06 Sun [1]

Hi,
I'm lou in NC. I do simple pins,magnets,some snowpeople,
I did angels for a while. I recently made some old-timey
rag dolls for myself like my mama made me when I was very young.
I'm now making memory rag dolls for family from
clothes of mama who has gone home.
A treasure for family members.
At the present time I'm making fleece animals from a very,very simple pattern that I designed,
to go to the children's ward at a hospital.
They are a big hit.
I try my hand at some of the crafts on voy,
the best site on the internet.
I like this thread.
lou

[> Re: OT...What kinds of crafts do yall make? -- Sharlet, 19:54:59 02/05/06 Sun [1]

I am Sharlet and I'm from Missouri. I mostly do needlework and have done almost all forms of that. Right now, I am addicted to the Knifty Knitters. Am making newborn/preemie hats for one of our local hospitals as well as for a couple of other charities through a 'looming' board that I belong to. Am also crocheting an afghan for a wedding gift. Do a lot of counted cross-stitch and plastic canvas work too.

[> Re: OT...What kinds of crafts do yall make? -- Terri, 20:16:37 02/05/06 Sun [1]

What is the Knifty Knitter???

[> Re: OT...What kinds of crafts do yall make? -- Sharlet, 21:25:29 02/05/06 Sun [1]

Hi Terri,
Well, I'll try to explain. They are round looms in various sizes that you can knit on. My sister gave me a set for Christmas. They are 4 different sizes. There is also a rectangular loom which I haven't quite mastered yet but am trying to do a doll blanket for my great-niece on it right now. I'm thinking if you go to www.provocraft.com and click on Knifty Knitter on the right-hand side there will be some pictures for you to see. I am really addicted to this! I have made 50 or so hats so far for the various charities and to just give away. I have become a yarn addict too. It's awful. . . but fun! :-) Check out the site and see!

[> Re: OT...What kinds of crafts do yall make? -- sunflowerfreak, 21:47:39 02/05/06 Sun [1]

Hi I am Norma (sunflowerfreak) from Massachusetts. I have dabbled in just about everything crosstitch, quilting, One Stroke painting, sewing, any kind of craft. I just got finished reorganizing my craft stuff. Some was up in the attic and some in my spare room. If I could find what I was looking for, I would just go out and buy another one. So I have about 80 pairs of scissors, 63 bottles of glue. I will be making pillows on candlesticks holders for Mother's Day and I'm making sheep and bunnies on rusty bedsprings for Easter. I am very much into primitive crafts and some victorian. I also make the Tampon Angels. I would like to thank everyone who wrote poems for them. I appreciate it so much. I am not a poet and probably never will be.

[> Re: OT...What kinds of crafts do yall make? -- Jill D from PA, 22:26:08 02/05/06 Sun [1]

Hi,
I'm Jill D from SouthEast Pennsylvania,
At the present time I mostly do crocheting and paper
crafts (card making, scrapbooking, and altered books)

In the past of I have done, sewing, cross stitch, knitting, plastic canvas, smocking, and embroidery,

[> Re: OT...What kinds of crafts do yall make? -- deb, 22:59:18 02/05/06 Sun [1]

Hi, I'm Debbie and im from Dunlap TN.
I do mostly wood crafts and like to do printables and plastic canvas. Keep up all the good ideas.

[> Re: OT...What kinds of crafts do yall make? -- gayle, 23:19:04 02/05/06 Sun [1]

howdy, i'm gayle from el paso tx. i love just about any craft. i do oil, acrylic, and watercolor painting. love to sew, and cross stich. i like making cards, and paper projects. i like bead work and bobbin lace. this is why i so enjoy this board. there are so many different ideas and i want to try them all. everyone here is so generous with their instructions and insight into different projects....oh and the graphic and poetry are so special
thanks to all
gayle
terri glad to see someone else does bobbin lace

[> Re: OT...What kinds of crafts do yall make? -- SarahC, 21:26:13 02/06/06 Mon [1]

I'm Sarah from New York and I'll try just about any craft! I do crochet(my first love),cross stitch,plastic canvas,papercrafts,scrapbooking,teabag folding(my newest love) and any easy craft.I love this board because there is a little bit of everything and you can't possibly get bored. The ladies are a wealth of information.Just a great place!

[> Re: OT...What kinds of crafts do yall make? -- Shirttails, 22:13:39 02/06/06 Mon [1]

Hi, I'm an Illinois transplant living in Arkansas. I do a little of everything. Just recently started the scroll saw and painting the wood. I sew alot of Barbie clothes and sell them at a craft/antique mall. I have sewn Barbie clothes since 1972! I love small plastic canvas things. I'd like to make a village though. I enjoy working on the smaller count plastic. I don't particularly enjoy xstitch and haven't tried tatting. I taught myself how to crochet 3 years ago and used a learn how book and the internet so I could find out where to put the hook when starting a new row. Not too successful yet. I want to learn to crochet on thread and can't manage the 4 ply yarn yet. :) Anyway, you might say I just try anything I think is cute. That is why I enjoy the list as there is such a variety of things out there.

[> Re: OT...What kinds of crafts do yall make? -- SallyIndy, 22:15:13 02/06/06 Mon [1]

Central Indiana is home for me and I do anything that goes in a kiln[clay, pottery, glass, porcelain,metal, and more.} I make my living from my Hobby..makes it nice I never hate going to work! Being Creative is a goal in my life and I find so much creativity and inspiration here! >^..^<

[> Re: OT...What kinds of crafts do yall make? -- granniekato2, 22:37:11 02/06/06 Mon [1]

Hi...I'm Kathy and I'm in Texas... I am primarily a wood painter, but am certified in ceramics. I have crocheted, sewn, painted T-shirts way back when, x-stitched, and am now dabbling in card making. I'm computer illiterate for the most part, so I'm very grateful for the wonderful poets and graphic artists on this great site. Thanks to you all. Kathy

[> Re: OT...What kinds of crafts do yall make? -- Jaunice, 23:32:59 02/06/06 Mon [1]

Hello! My name is Jaunice I live in Lufkin,Texas I Do woodwork cutting and painting ,crochet,sew, deoorate cakes, and like many other crafters I will try makeing anything that I like if i fail i won't try it again. My husband an i also make candles have for several years handcarved candles and containers ect.

[> Re: OT...What kinds of crafts do yall make? -- COLLEEN, 11:56:44 02/07/06 Tue [1]

MU NAME IS COLLWN FROM SPOKAANE , WASHUNGTON AND I LIKE JUST ABOUT ANY CRAFTS, BUT MOSTLY CROASS STITCH PLASIC

[> Re: OT...What kinds of crafts do yall make? -- Carolyn, 12:06:24 02/07/06 Tue [1]

I'm Carolyn...I'm in MS....I do woodcrafts (painting) and love scrapbooking and papercrafts.
krafteekaren

Postby crafterwannabe » Fri Jul 28, 2006 2:55 pm

Favorites/Info - Voy Sisters

Date Posted: 23:39:00 06/22/06 Thu
Author: Jude_KS

As I was reading through the board entries the other day,
I realized that I get somewhat confused about what each of us do - craftwise!
Our likes and dislikes,, favorites and such, SO I thought it might be fun to try a getting to know you post:

About me:
Name: Jude/Jude_KS
Favorite colors: Yellow and Country blue
Favorite crafts: Sewing (applique & garment construction),tole painting, wood working and printables.
Collectables: Teddy bears, windchimes and fabric!
Hobbies: Bird & Squirrel watching, reading and photography.

Please join in and let me (us) know a little bit about you!
Hugs - Jude!

Re: Voy Sisters, getting to know you - craftwise.... --Wanda ,in Nova Scotia, Canada, 03:55:46 07/16/06 Sun [1]

NAME: Wanda (aka crafterbug)
FAVORITE COLORS: Soft Yellow
FAVORITE CRAFTS: Anything to do with sewing ! Snowmen , Gingers ,and Annies
COLLECT:Patterns ! Baskets ,earrings , quotes
HOBBIES: Crafting , Gardening, Baking, Music, reading, music, hiking ,photography etc, etc.

What a wonderful thread ~ Great idea !!

Re: Voy Sisters, getting to know you - craftwise.... -- Donije, 23:14:40 07/05/06 Wed [1]

Name: Dona I live in Colorado
Favorite color: purple
Favorite Craft: Making porcelain dolls like to try all
crafts at least once.
Collectibles: Fairies craft supplies fabric
Hobbies: Making cards, Sewing, scrapbooking, computers,reading, playing with the grandkids, walking

Re: Voy Sisters, getting to know you - craftwise.... -- jacksmum, 23:48:43 06/22/06 Thu [1]

What a nice idea.
NAME: Sue
FAVORITE COLORS: orange, most bright colors
FAVORITE CRAFTS: seeing what every one else is making LOL
I'm trying a little card making and I've done a few tiles.
COLLECTABLES: Elephants and Buddahs
HOBBIES: Painting, reading, PSP on the computer.

Re: Voy Sisters, getting to know you - craftwise.... -- SarahC , 00:28:32 06/23/06 Fri [1]

May I be next?
name:Sarah/SarahC
favorite colors:any shade of blue,coral
favorite crafts:crochet,papercrafts,I'll try any craft once!
collectibles:swans
hobbies:reading,going to garage sales,crossword puzzles,just starting to get into geneology

Re: Voy Sisters, getting to know you - craftwise.... -- Retschoolmarm, 00:29:08 06/23/06 Fri [1]

My turn:
name- Linda/Retschoolmarm
favorite colors- blues, light,dark, med. sometimes with white
favorite crafts- sewing (mostly doll clothes and goose clothes but like making baby things too) Also painting
Collectibles- cats - real and figurines- have 18 strays I take care of- I get them neutered,spayed,tested for leukemia, give them their shots and try to find homes for them.
Hobbies- reading and gardening

Re: Voy Sisters, getting to know you - craftwise.... -- Huskerfan, 00:36:41 06/23/06 Fri [1]

NAME: Linda
FAVORITE COLORS: Red and also pink
FAVORITE CRAFTS: Sewing, Card making, Crocheting and I also like to try what everyone else is doing if I can get the time.
COLLECTABLES: Nebraska husker stuff and Coke stuff. And also all kinds of craft stuff and Oh how I love fabric.
HOBBIES: Guess I don't have any real hobbies but my favorite things to do are go to all of my DS sports and watch Nebraska Play football. Oh and come on here of course.
Jude this was a great idea.
Linda

Re: Voy Sisters, getting to know you - craftwise.... -- Lisa, 12:48:46 06/23/06 Fri [1]

Name: Lisa (from Texas)
Fave colors: blue and purple
Fave crafts:......wood working........plus,any and everything! (Everyone on this board comes up with too many cute ideas!)
Collectibles: cobalt blue glasswear and roosters
Hobbies: Love playing with graphics and keeping up with all of my friends via the computer........(and telephone)
And playing with my new furbaby, Zach. ;^)

Great thread, Jude.

Re: Voy Sisters, getting to know you - craftwise.... -- cocacolabaka, 13:20:46 06/23/06 Fri [1]

Name: Barbara (Ohio)
Favorite color: anything bright red,yellow
Favorite craft: mostly plastic canvas, but I'll try just about anything
Collectibles: Coca Cola, cookbooks and cookie jars
Hobbies: cooking, and spoiling my grandkids

Re: Voy Sisters, getting to know you - craftwise.... -- Laurel, 13:40:04 06/23/06 Fri [1]

Name: Laurel
Favorite colors: yellow
Favorite crafts: Sewing and plastic canvas, but will try anything once.
Collectables: Tea pots and thimbles
Hobbies: sewing, gardening and hiking

Re: Voy Sisters, getting to know you - craftwise.... -- Laurene, 14:29:44 06/23/06 Fri [1]

This is fun!
Name: Laurene
Fav Color: yellow, green, aqua (pastel)
Fav. Craft; All of them
Collectible: Angels, snowmen, cookbooks, craft supplies(whether I use them or not lol)
Hobbies: Reading, crafts, sewing, some crocheting(granny squares only lol)fishing in the summer, football in the winter

Re: Voy Sisters, getting to know you - craftwise.... -- tomsmom, 15:11:35 06/23/06 Fri [1]

Name: tomsmom/Michelle
Fav. Color: green
Fav. Crafts: making Christmas ornaments, making tags and cards, scrapbooking, really anything but sewing
Collect: piggy banks, postcards, scrapbooking supplies
Hobbies: reading, drawing/doodling, trivia games and word games, hiking

Re: Voy Sisters, getting to know you - craftwise.... -- Mary Ann, 15:39:33 06/23/06 Fri [1]

Name: Mary Ann
Favorite Colors: Blue,red,and yellow
Favorite Crafts: Painting, woodworking,leatherwork,really all kinds of crafts that I can get my hands on.
Collectables: Antique tractors, farm equipment,and clowns
Hobbies: Craft shows, auction sales,family, and my EMT work Oh, also fishing.

Re: Voy Sisters, getting to know you - craftwise.... -- crafterwannabe, 20:05:19 06/24/06 Sat [1]

Thanks, Jude!
Name: Carolyn - NJ
Favorite colors: blues and reds
Favorite crafts: Quick & easy small projects, printables
Collectibles: Too many! But I love dishes, old pedestal cake stands, cranberry glass, holiday collections.
Hobbies: Crafting/Knitting (newbie), music, sports, baking, going to flea markets

Re: Voy Sisters, getting to know you - craftwise.... -- Lil , 11:20:21 06/25/06 Sun [1]

Name: Lil
Favorite colors: God made so many colors it's hard to choose. I like them all, but I guess the diferent shades of blue are my favorite.
Favorite crafts: Since I have only been crafting for a year now and learning more everyday my favorite is making jewelry.. especially earrings.
Collectables: I use to collect coffee mugs. Now that I live in a much smaller place, I don't collect anything.
Hobbies: I love reading, computer games, reading the Voy Forum, and learning new crafts.

Re: Voy Sisters, getting to know you - craftwise.... -- Deb in GA, 16:54:27 06/25/06 Sun [1]

Name: Debbie/ Deb in GA
Favorite colors: Red, blue, pink and black
Favorite crafts: Sewing, Scrapboking, Painting, Beading, any thing that keeps my hands busy!
Collectables: Ty Beanie Babies (mostly bears)and Shot glasses
Hobbies: Flea markets, BUYING and HORDING craft supplies LOL and shopping Wally world on the Clearence isles...LOL

Re: Voy Sisters, getting to know you - craftwise.... -- KPWog, 17:44:08 06/25/06 Sun [1]

Name: KPWog (Barbara) S. Fl.
Favorite Colors: Earth Tones
Favorite Crafts: Plastic canvas, cross stitch, sewing, just crafts in general. Like Deb said, anything that keeps me busy.
Collectables: I love unusal looking Pomanders.
Hobbies: I love Flea Markets and going to thrift stores.

Re: Voy Sisters, getting to know you - craftwise.... -- SallyIndy </100606/email?mid=275>, 20:21:39 06/25/06 Sun [1]

OK I know I am late...but I wanna play too!!!
Name Sally from Indy
Fave colors: Orange {any shade from peach to Burnt}
Fave Craft: Anything fired in a kiln like pottery,clay, castware,glass,porcelain dolls etc......
Fave collectables: Cat lover here so all things CATS but for me that stands for Creative Arts Teaching Seminars..also have about 150 porcelain dolls I have made so guess that makes me a doll collector too!!
Fave hobbies: Well this Voy thing is more like an addiction (do we have a 12 step program??} I love planning creative projects to teach in my studio. Love learning {but never mastering} any creative art or craft. Really love meeting and chatting with friends who love the same things I do! >^..^<

Re: Voy Sisters, getting to know you - craftwise.... -- Sabina Daniel 10:08:13 07/16/06 Sun [1]

Name:Sabina(From Va.)
Fav.color:Country Red and country blue
Fav. craft:Sewing,wood crafts,just about anything.Love most of them
Collect:Roosters,cookbooks,fabric any kind
Hobbies:spoiling my grandson,spending time with hubby,reading sewing,yard sales,coming here.I live here

Re: Voy Sisters, getting to know you - craftwise.... -- Nanny 12:04:34 07/16/06 Sun [1]

My turn
My name-Judy/Nanny(Illinois)
favorite color-all
favorite craft- Wood signs,teacup bird feeders,and bead jewlery
Collectibles-fairies,teapots,and pigs
hobbies-scrapping with friends,reading,mushroom hunting,and flower gardening.Oops forgot computer

Hugs and good crafting
Nanny

Re: Voy Sisters, getting to know you - craftwise.... -- betty 12:20:03 07/16/06 Sun [1]

now I'll try
NAME..betty..Canada
Favorite color...Blue
Favorite Craft..almost any..Tiles..m&ms
Collectiables.. Teddy bears stuffed animals
Hobbies..family camping feeding birds computer
good luck.. betty

Re: Voy Sisters, getting to know you - craftwise.... -- Ella 00:45:52 06/23/06 Fri [1]

Shall I introduce myself...
Name: Barbara Ella (But I like to use Ella)
Live In: Santa Fe, New Mexico
Favorite Color: Purple
Favorite Craft: Computer Crafts, Bookscraping, some Beading (I like to make my own bracelets) and anything new and fun I'm willing to give a try...
Collectable: Old bottles
Hobbies: This forum, My Family, going to Craft Shows and I love shopping...

Nice to meet all of you...Hugz, Ella

Re: Voy Sisters, getting to know you - craftwise.... -- Rickie, 00:49:19 06/23/06 Fri [1]

NAME: Rickie
FAVORITE COLORS: Blues, Greens, Browns
FAVORITE CRAFTS: Card making,
COLLECTABLES: Cactus, Southwest vases and pictures
HOBBIES: Reading, biking, being a grandma for the first time!!

Re: Voy Sisters, getting to know you - craftwise.... -- Judy R, 01:13:42 06/23/06 Fri [1]

Name Judy
Favorite colors: aqua, and earthtones
Favorite craft: Gotta try them all.
Collectibles: Gingers, angels, scarecrows, to name a few.
Hobbies: Crafting, Voy surfing, shopping, collecting.

Re: Voy Sisters, getting to know you - craftwise.... -- Nannie db, 02:02:26 06/23/06 Fri [1]

What a nice idea !
Name: Nannie/Stephanie
Colours: Blues and greens (more darker than lighter)
Craft: Paper-crafts, a little plastic canvas, little sewing, some soap making...lol...a little of anythin that strikes me as fun at the time
Collectibles: POSTCARDS !
Hobbies: WOw, hard to narrow down... apparently too many reading, writing, cake decorating, cooking, researching

Re: Voy Sisters, getting to know you - craftwise.... -- Darlene </100606/email?mid=100226020>, 04:50:02 06/23/06 Fri [1]

Me too....I want to join in...so here goes....
NAME: Darlene
FAVORITE COLORS: lavender, aqua, and just about any pastel
FAVORITE CRAFTS: I change frequently...I love printables,I make towel elephants...diaper cakes...towelcakes..right now I am really into beads and jewelry..some crochet and knit...I DO Not LIKE TO SEW OR NEEDLEPOINT..or embroidery..
COLLECTABLES: dolls and garage sale stuff...LOL...way too much of it.
HOBBIES: I like to read, play on my computer, watch tv and do my crafts.

Re: Voy Sisters, getting to know you - craftwise.... -- Judykay </100606/email?mid=100226021>, 04:55:33 06/23/06 Fri [1]

Name Judy
Favorite Colors Blue, lilac
Favorite Craft don't have a favorite like doing all
kinds of crafts
Collectables Angels
Hobbies making crafts, gardening, and baking

Re: Voy Sisters, getting to know you - craftwise.... -- KrafteeKaren 05:36:45 06/23/06 Fri [1]

Name: Karen/KrafteeKaren
Favorite colors: Don't have one but seem to wear a lot of Blue
Favorite crafts: I don't have one but when I have time, I do like printables the best and building web sites.
Collectables: Use to collect Tin Cans but ran out of room so had to stop that...now it is more like collecting clutter, lol.
Hobbies: Gosh...I don't think I have any...maybe I need to find one, lol.

Re: Voy Sisters, getting to know you - craftwise.... -- califncsun, 06:06:28 06/23/06 Fri [1]

About me:
Name: Stephanie/ califncsun
Favorite colors: Green
Favorite crafts: Anything easy, I don't know how to paint, love the cd clocks and tic-tac-toes.
Collectables: Wind chimes,unicorns,mice,pigs,cows,dust bunniesLOL
Hobbies: Collecting recipes and books and reding, cross word puzzles.

Re: Voy Sisters, getting to know you - craftwise.... -- va , 07:17:23 06/23/06 Fri [1]

Hi
Name- Virginia
Favorite Colors-I love them all. (Right now I am in to whites.)
Favorite crafts-The easy ones! I have been doing some of the tiles.
Collectables-Hearts & Bunnies
Hobbies-Gardening, Baking, Reading, Family.

Re: Voy Sisters, getting to know you - craftwise.... -- Jesslynn </100606/email?mid=100226040>, 07:41:56 06/23/06 Fri [1]

Here I go...
Name: Jessica
Favorite Colors: Purple
Favorite Crafts: I love playing with PrintMaster, Tiles, simple painting (not a great artist), Anything else I am up to trying
Collectables: OK...I am going to admit it...I used to collect Beanie Babies (most are bears..I had to make it hard for myself).
Hobbies: I don't really have much time for hobbies with 3 kids (11, 5, and 20 mos).

Re: Voy Sisters, getting to know you - craftwise.... -- jazbo, 08:00:31 06/23/06 Fri [1]

What a great idea, Jude!
Name: Jazbo, jazz, j,
Favorite colors: pink, purple, blue
Favorite crafts: collecting puns; recycling; quick & easy crafts; holiday decorating
Collectables: craft supplies, depression glass, frogs; pigs; fabric!
Hobbies: the Voy; making things & giving them away; my grandkids

Re: Voy Sisters, getting to know you - craftwise.... -- Bev, 08:18:41 06/23/06 Fri [1]

While I usually am here to pick up other's ideas I do enjoy making tiles, cards and small token gifts for friends.
My favorites are:
Colors: pale blue or any soft pastels
Crafts: anything easy and reasonably affordable
Collectables: Penguins
Hobbies: Bowling, crocheting (basic) and cooking.
It's fun to read what others like and do. Thanks for starting this thread.

Re: Voy Sisters, getting to know you - craftwise.... -- Doreen, 08:29:54 06/23/06 Fri [1]

Hello everyone! What a lovely idea, Jude.
Name: Doreen (For those who don't know me I'm from Malta)
Favorite colors: Blues, any shade
Favorite crafts: Papercrafts, decoupage, glass-painting, will try anything new I fancy
Collectables: Thimbles and teapots.
Also Images for printing and all kinds of stuff for crafting LOL!
Hobbies: VOY, Reading, writing, designing in PSP, music, movies, baking(Christmas),

Re: Voy Sisters, getting to know you - craftwise.... -- katieangelamber, 09:00:54 06/23/06 Fri [1]

Name: Karen/katieangelamber
Favorite colors: pastel blues and purples
Favorite crafts: printables, gag gifts, easy things
Collectables: holiday items, graphics, and for some reason tons of pets
Hobbies: my psp program, the voy board here, gardening

Re: Voy Sisters, getting to know you - craftwise.... -- penny 09:37:35 06/23/06 Fri [1]

Name: Penny
Favorite colors: Blues, orange
Favorite crafts: Scrapbooking,printables, plastic canvas,tiles, and like to try anything once
Collectables: angels, bells, crafts
Hobbies: Family, VOY, crafts

Re: Voy Sisters, getting to know you - craftwise.... -- PattyWV </100606/email?mid=100226061>, 10:17:37 06/23/06 Fri [1]

Name: Patty/PattyWV
Favorite colors: green,yellow
Favorite crafts: I dabble in most everything except sewing.
Collectables: fairys,hummingbirds,cookbooks from different states,and kisses from the grandaughters.
Hobbies: reading,computer, and daydreaming about winning the lottery LOL.

Re: Voy Sisters, getting to know you - craftwise.... -- Lori Jean, 10:41:07 06/23/06 Fri [1]

Name: Lori Jean
Favorite Colors: Jewel tones, such as Hunter Green and Burgundy, Amethyst. I also love all shades of blues.
Favorite crafts:
Collectables: Tiny Stuffed Teddies (About 2.5 inches,)Tea Pots, Various unusual plates, Anything with violets, Cookbooks, tiny lambs.
Hobbies:Crafting with printables, Scrapbooking, Baking, Crafting pins, ornaments, etc. for Christmas, Classic Movies/love stories from the 30's, 40's and 50's, Going to the Beach, when I can, My pets, Garage Sales and Swap Meets, Music, and last but certainly not least, My Family and Friends.
Hugs,
Lori Jean )

Re: Voy Sisters, getting to know you - craftwise.... -- Sandra TN, 11:07:33 06/23/06 Fri [1]

Name: Sandra/Sandra TN
Favorite colors: Purple, orange, red - almost all bright colors.
Favorite crafts: Poly clay, tiles, graphics, digi. scrapbooking, x-stitch, painting on objects, crocheting...
Collectibles: Coca Cola, anything Victorian, ceramic shoes or high heels, ceramic hands, matchbooks
Hobbies: My computer, collecting music and burning to CD's, traveling, graphics

Re: Voy Sisters, getting to know you - craftwise.... -- BizzyBee 11:35:06 06/23/06 Fri [1]

Howdy!
Name: Patty
Favorite colors: Greens, golds, reds, copper,yellow, orange, purple...lots
Favorite crafts: I'm a wannabe crafter! Any that are easy and especially some that can be done with my kids. I'd love to be able to paint.(well, something you'd want to look at !)
Collectibles: birdhouses,cookbooks, cast iron, quilts, snowmen...ahh..this might be why clutter abounds!
Hobbies: Spending time with family & friends, reading, gardening, internet , baking, & NASCAR watching

Have a GREAT weekend !
Hugs,Patty

Re: Voy Sisters, getting to know you - craftwise.... -- HDMac , 11:37:18 06/23/06 Fri [1]

Nice idea!
Name: Marcia/HDMac from Washington state
Favorite colors: blue, lavendar, purple, teal green
Favorite crafts: crochet, sewing, printables, beads, scrapbooking.. just about anything!
Collectables: Pigs, patriotic items, angels,
Hobbies: riding on our Harley, reading, friends!

I have 13 grandchildren, a wonderful husband, 5 children, one with special needs.

Re: Voy Sisters, getting to know you - craftwise.... -- Diane from Pa, 11:44:04 06/23/06 Fri [1]

Name: Diane (from PA)
Favorite colors: Orange
Favorite crafts: don't really have a favorite. Just whatever I feel like trying.
Collectibles: Where do I start!!!!! LOL Santas ~ School Busses ~ Cobalt Blue Vases ~ clutter!!!!!
Hobbies: I really don't think I have one. Baking (Gobs)for bake sales for the church and arts center.

Re: Voy Sisters, getting to know you - craftwise.... -- Ginny, 11:51:59 06/23/06 Fri [1]

Name: Ginny
Favorite colors: pink and purple
Favorite crafts: Let me see... crochet, cross stitch, scrapbooking, paint shop pro, drawing(thanks to an Art 101 class last semester), painting (not so much art paintings but painting premade designs), sewing, and anything that strikes my fancy at the time
Collectables: dreamsicles, odd bits of craft stuff, books. Basically if it makes it into my house I say I collect it because I can't ever throw anything away.
Hobbies: crafting of course, reading, gardening

Re: Voy Sisters, getting to know you - craftwise.... -- sara 16:15:34 06/23/06 Fri [1]

Name Sara ( canada)
Hobbies - paper crafts, flower arranging, small crafts for kids, grandkids, entertaining seniors, etc.
Collect- precious moments, and anything daisy.
Colors : anything in purple and green shades,
favorite thing to do. re Decorating the rooms of the house,
especially the bathroom with special holidays and seasonal.

Re: Voy Sisters, getting to know you - craftwise.... -- Deanna, 17:24:53 06/23/06 Fri [1]

Name...Deanna
Favorite color...I LOVE any shades of blue
Favorite craft...Most recently, I've done tiles...but I try almost anything...never learned to crochet or knit but wish I could
I collect angels and have lots of them...also the bearfoot bears
Hobbies??? (What's That?)When I have extra time, I like to take pictures, usually of outdoor scenery.

Re: Voy Sisters, getting to know you - craftwise.... -- Rusty Fan, 18:41:27 06/23/06 Fri [1]

Name: Rusty Fan
Favorite colors: Black-Blue-Purple-White-Green
Favorite crafts: Scrapbooking & Paper Crafts
Dabble in most other crafts from time to
time.
Collectables: NASCAR Racing Autographs
Anything to do with Rusty Wallace
Hobbies: Scrapbooking
Card Making
Attending NASCAR Races

Re: Voy Sisters, getting to know you - craftwise.... -- Dorothea, 18:56:17 06/23/06 Fri [1]

Love this idea.
I'm surprised to see that some of you gals like football!
Name Dorothea
Color: green and yellow
Crafts: Quilling, Scrapbooking. Crochet, & I love the tiles.
Collectibles: craft and cookbooks, antiques
Hobbies: crocheting. paper crafts, gardening, watching football (go giants!)

Re: Voy Sisters, getting to know you - craftwise.... -- Jill_NC </100606/email?mid=100226117>, 18:59:16 06/23/06 Fri [1]

Name: Jill (Jill_NC)
Favorite colors: "Winter Colors"--I like to blend in, not stand out.
Favorite crafts: I suffer from crafting ADD. Have to try a lot of the things I see except anything to do w/needles and thread. Right now my obsession is Iris Folding/Card Making.
Collectables: Shot Glasses
Hobbies: Card Making if I have any time after tending to my 5 yo DS. Also the computer and Scrabble (against the computer)

Re: Voy Sisters, getting to know you - craftwise.... -- MaryLee, 20:09:51 06/23/06 Fri [1]

Name-MaryLee
Colors-aqua, hunter green, mauve
Crafts-sewing, wood working, painting, computer crafts
Collectables-dolls, bunnies, bears, cats, angels, Santas, snowmen, cut glass, salt cellars, cup and saucers, plates, old tins, old bottles, antiques, and more
Hobbies-shopping,helping hubby restore our 1972 Corvette, shopping, traveling, shopping, sewing, shopping,having lunch with friends, shopping, etc.

Re: Voy Sisters, getting to know you - craftwise.... -- Debbie, 20:10:36 06/23/06 Fri [1]

Fav.color: Colbolt blue
collection theme: Things with wings (angles butterflies fairies)
crafts: I like to try things at least once and i do balloon arches and arangements
hobbies: computor this site reading and sleeping which i never get to do because i am always on the computor.

Re: Voy Sisters, getting to know you - craftwise.... -- lorraine303, 22:08:09 06/23/06 Fri [1]

Name: Lorraine/lorraine303
Favorite colors: blues
Favorite crafts: Right now it's anything to do with paper.
Collectables: Besides craft supplies - pigs with wings, teapots, Pez dispensers
Hobbies other than crafts: word games, reading, sudoku, gardening, watching the Yankees, visiting tea shops - I should include housecleaning cause I do it so rarely it's become more like a hobby!

Re: Voy Sisters, getting to know you - craftwise.... -- Lin'a, 22:29:26 06/23/06 Fri [1]

Linda (aka Lin'a)
(Northern California)
colors...anything in the blues and greens
crafts...scrapbooking, beading, one stroke painting, making Christmas ornaments collections...anything Christmas, miniatures, and frogs
hobbies...genealogy, counted cross stitch, scrapbooking painting and jigsaw puzzles(when I have the time)

Re: Voy Sisters, getting to know you - craftwise.... -- Meragale 22:36:16 06/23/06 Fri [1]

Meragale aka: Nana24boys
Favorite color: Blue
Favorite Craft: For now Knifty Knitters
Collectables: Mice figurines, Voy Crafts and Grandson (7 now)
Hobbies: Crocheting, Trying new crafts and dreaming about doing all the computer crafts you great ladies do

Re: Voy Sisters, getting to know you - craftwise.... -- donna 22:47:44 06/23/06 Fri [1]

Name...donna (in Oklahoma)
Favorite colors...blues and greens(in pastels)
Favorite crafts...I've done everything from crocheting to quilting,jewelery,and woodcrafts. My current interest is in trying to learn the papercrafts with graphics that so many of you do so well.(yes that is jelousy you hear in my typing)
Collectables...craft supplies (there is no room for anything else)
Hobbies...the Voy has become one,and volunteering for anything needing a crafting touch at church seems to be my other one.

Re: Voy Sisters, getting to know you - craftwise.... -- Susie, 22:57:17 06/23/06 Fri [1]

Name: Susie(Indiana)
Favorite color: pink
Favorite craft: altered crafts
Collectibles: vintage teacups
Hobbies: crafts

Re: Voy Sisters, getting to know you - craftwise.... -- Jodi, 23:16:18 06/23/06 Fri [1]

NAME: Jodi
FAVORITE COLORS: Dark purple, black and gold
FAVORITE CRAFTS: magnets, bookmarks, and tiles rght now!
COLLECTABLES: marbles, unique shot glasses and craftsupplies!
HOBBIES: Crafting!

Re: Voy Sisters, getting to know you - craftwise.... -- Theresa 23:22:45 06/23/06 Fri [1]

Name..Theresa/Louisiana
Favorite Color...Purple
Favorite Craft...wood painting,just learning to do scrapbooking,plastic canvas,i like all kinds of crafts really.
Collectables..angels, inkpens
Hobbies....playing bingo,reading ,crafting,being on my computer.

Re: Voy Sisters, getting to know you - craftwise.... -- JeaneB, 23:23:06 06/23/06 Fri [1]

Name--- Jeanne, JeaneB (Colorado)
Favorite color---Cranberry, hunter green
Favorite craft-- Ribbon angels, just started doing tiles, and anything that is simple and easy.
Collectables-- nothing anymore.. used to be Avon bottles
Hobbies--- Reading, and definitely my computer..

Re: Voy Sisters, getting to know you - craftwise.... -- wanda2 23:38:31 06/23/06 Fri [1]

great idea.
Name/wanda,TN.
Favorite color/green(the color of money)LOL.
Favorite craft/making embroidery diaper bibs,gag gifts
collectables/don't have one
hobbies/ i love sudoku,sewing,and reading.

Re: Voy Sisters, getting to know you - craftwise.... -- Bev(Meme), 00:21:10 06/24/06 Sat [1]

Hi to all Voy friends! here goes:
Name: Bev(meme)
Favorite color: Blues
Favorite Craft: I like them all
Collectibles: Tea cups and tea pots
Hobbies: gardening, crafting, garage sales, reading and THE VOY!!!!!!

Re: Voy Sisters, getting to know you - craftwise.... -- crissy, 02:40:36 06/24/06 Sat [1]

Name: Crissy
Favorite color: Green and Red (Christmas???LOL)
Favorite Craft: Sewing
Collectibles: Craft Supplies, Toys (LOL 3 y/o DD...LOL) I seem to have ALOT of thread so does that count?LOL
Hobbies: Sewing, scrapbooking, computers, swimming, making patterns to sew and stitch

Re: Voy Sisters, getting to know you - craftwise.... -- Stitches, 03:23:48 06/24/06 Sat [1]

This is a great idea.. thanks Jude...
Name: Stitches/Pat
Favorite Color: mostly blues
Favorite Craft: Cross stitch, never met to many crafts that I didn't like....Not much for sewing...
Collectibles: Cross stitch patterns, Teddy Bears, Dolls with big skirts, large and small and Craft projects
Hobbies: Cross stitch, playing on the computer and playing with my puppy Cozmo

Re: Voy Sisters, getting to know you - craftwise.... -- MrsLadebug, 04:29:32 06/24/06 Sat [1]

Name: Frances (Hello Everyone!)
Favorite Colors: I love colors, but especially like pink, purples, blues, greens, LOL, I told You, I love colors.
Favorite Crafts: Making Pins and Magnets with The Sizzix Die Cut Machine. Love~Printable's, like most crafts. My next project I want to try is making Tiles.
Collectibles: Ladybugs
Hobbies: Hubby, Family, Grandchildren, and Friends, Crafting, Flowers, Two tiny toy Poodles, playing on my computer, Camping. And I Absolutely Love The Voy Forum!!

Re: Voy Sisters, getting to know you - craftwise.... -- inez, 06:47:13 06/24/06 Sat [1]

name:inez (nc)
crafts cardsmaking and seeing what you all are up to & some christmas itmes baking ,cooking
colors reds. pinks.
collect teddy bears owls
like to feed birds hunner the best (here such a shot time)
hobby: husband and our pomerian(snoopy) full time hoggy
you are such a great group of ladies thanks

Re: Voy Sisters, getting to know you - craftwise.... -- Pauline 07:03:00 06/24/06 Sat [1]

Name: Pauline
Favorite Color: Teals and Pinks
Favorite Craft: Jewelry, Paper Crafts, Sewing, re-purposing furniture, sewing, cardmaking, scrapbooking, mosaic tile and Christmas decorations.
Collectibles: Fabric, I have enough to keep me busy when I finally retire and craft supplies breed in the house so there isn't room for anything else.
Hobbies: Crafts, AOL, Investing

Re: Voy Sisters, getting to know you - craftwise.... -- Crafty43 , 09:18:18 06/24/06 Sat [1]

Wow, this is awesome. So many players!
Name: Missy
Favorite colors: greens/blues
Favorite crafts: lighted wine bottles and snowmen
Collectables: Snowmen
Hobbies: Crafts

Re: Voy Sisters, getting to know you - craftwise.... -- KansasNoah, 11:03:23 06/24/06 Sat [1]

Greetings from Kansas!
Name- Lynn (KansasNoah)
Favorite Colors- greens and blues
Favorite Crafts- cardmaking, printables, counted cross-stitch, simple sewing
Collectibles- Noahs Arks, rabbits, craft supplies and books
Hobbies- crafts, computer, reading mysteries, loving and taking care of my first grandchild Ella, shopping

Re: Voy Sisters, getting to know you - craftwise.... -- jan, 14:40:36 06/24/06 Sat [1]

About me: Live in Arkansas and married to my best Friend. We have 2 poodels, marguerita and Dacqueri. Have a DD that is 29 and she has 2 boys and a girl. Lost my son 4-4-2005 massive heart attack. And finally mother is moving back to the states,after being in Canada since 1985. She is getting at the age that she wants to be around family more.
Name: Jan jesdocswife
Favorite colors: Yellow
Favorite crafts: Sewing, painting,wood and crochet.
What I collect: snowmen, angels, and now I am into frogs (died)I bought my first one, so I want to do my bathroom in frogs a big change.

Please join in and let me (us) know a little bit about you!

Re: Voy Sisters, getting to know you - craftwise.... -- Dianna, 23:19:09 06/24/06 Sat [1]

My turn now;
NAME:Dianna
FAVORITE COLORS:Blues,Tans,
FAVORITE CRAFT:Knitting,cross stitch(newbie)anything interesting that I see here or anywhere!
COLLECTIBLES:lighthouse,beach stuff,cookbooks
HOBBIES:walking,swimming,hanging out with my kids,spending any free time at the hospital and nursing homes(Helping out)
and the soup kitchen at the salvation army.
I wish I had time to do more..

Re: Voy Sisters, getting to know you - craftwise.... -- Linda Ohio now GA, 23:35:46 06/24/06 Sat [1]

NAME: Linda Ohio now GA aka Linners, Mom2, Aunt Linda
FAVORITE COLORS: royal blue, burgundy, black
FAVORITE CRAFTS: right now, paper crafting/card making but I like sewing projects, painting projects
COLLECTABLES: Friends and teddy bears
HOBBIES: being on the computer with my friends and family, crafting, garage saling

Re: Voy Sisters, getting to know you - craftwise.... -- Carol Klee, 23:44:55 06/24/06 Sat [1]

name: Carol
favorite color: red and bright pinks
favorite craft: hand embroidery and doll making
collectables: cats, toothpick holders, music boxes, santas and nutcrackers, anything Elvis
hobbies: crafting, watching my Grandkids, my computer, reading

Re: Voy Sisters, getting to know you - craftwise.... -- Kimberly 02:59:28 06/25/06 Sun [1]

NAME: Kimberly (Oklahoma)
FAVORITE COLORS: mauve and hunter green
FAVORITE CRAFTS: Plastic Canvas
COLLECTABLES: Chili Peppers & DVDs
HOBBIES: Reading True Crime Books, playing cards, spending time with family (when can, moved away from them), and going to auctions

Re: Voy Sisters, getting to know you - craftwise.... -- melinda 08:51:07 06/25/06 Sun [1]

Name: Melinda
favorite color: Green
Favorite Craft: Painting, Wood Crafts especially with snowmena and gingerbread people
Collectables: Salt/Pepper Shakers, Pink Depression Class, Snowmen and Gingerbread
Hobbies: Painting, Fresh Water Fishing, learning new crafts and ideas

Re: Voy Sisters, getting to know you - craftwise.... -- Kathy, 09:06:55 06/25/06 Sun [1]

That was fun reading!
NAME: Kathy
COLOR: Green
CRAFTS: crochet, tatting, cut and glue crafts,painting
COLLECTABLES: Fenton glass, Pillsbury, Coke, Bunnies, cookbooks, snowmen
HOBBIES: having fun with recipe cards at the moment, reading books, spending time with husband (seems like I get so little time with him, when I do, he's it!)

Re: Voy Sisters, getting to know you - craftwise.... -- Gracie, 09:07:59 06/25/06 Sun [1]

Name: Jill
favorite color: Yellow
Favorite Craft: Scrapbooking, sewing, and I love to try all different crafts at least once, and then look out!Collectables: Antique kitchen utensils,Thimbles, Scrapbooking supplies and fabric, lol
Hobbies: Crafting,Gardening and Baking for my family

OK, who is next?

Re: Voy Sisters, getting to know you - craftwise.... -- carmelita 12:28:04 07/02/06 Sun [1]

Thank goodness this post has not dropped off!!! Come on ladies...someone else post their info! Thank you for starting this Jude.

Name: Carmen (from San Diego, CA)
Favorite color: no color in particular
Favorite craft: Like to try everything at least once to see if it wouldn't make me crazy to do. BUT have had great sales at shows with the gags, laminated cards - funny/inspirational cards, angels and ornaments. Anything small and perferably costing a dollar :O)
Collectibles: Am not collecting much of anything these days... did you know that you have to dust all this stuff??? Trying to downsize so don't be surprised if you get a package in the mail from me. I have this post copied!!!
Hobbies: crafts, making gifts for loved ones and friends, buying music of all types (except RAP) and lately buying a lot of movies.

Re: Voy Sisters, getting to know you - craftwise.... -- Sondra, 15:24:59 07/02/06 Sun [1]

Name...Sondra ...I'm from Kansas
Favorite Color...Hunter Green and Burgandy
Favorite Craft...Computer Crafts
Collectibles...Small Antique Kitchenware pieces
Hobbies: Computer Crafting......Machine Embroidery and am now working on putting together my own website.

Re: Voy Sisters, getting to know you - craftwise.... -- lovestodream 20:14:52 07/02/06 Sun [1]

Thank you for posting this nice to get to know more about you .
Name:Ginger H (lovestodream)
Colours: Blues
Craft: Doing right now Finger cushions, Folded stars,Gourds..I love to paint my gourds and add things to them. I am trying also to do more crafts with felt.Just about anycraft.
Collectibles: thimbles
Hobbies: Looking to have some kind of form for crafting to share not as good as this one..To big for me LOL
I love surfing on the net for sites and trying new crafts love reading about new trends in crafting.(love swaps why am so happy to do them here)
hugs lovestodream

Re: Voy Sisters, getting to know you - craftwise.... -- CarolB, 01:48:36 07/03/06 Mon [1]

Name: Carol
Favourite colours: Purple, blue
Favourite crafts: I'll try anything once! ... beading, cardmaking (pinpoint and now iris folding), computer crafts.
Collectables: Seem to have a few Teddy bears, windchimes, possums, numbats, bilbies, and other things, but don't plan on collecting more. CATS! ... always have at least 2 living with us.
Hobbies: Guides! the Internet reading, puzzles (Sudoku, crosswords, etc.) and more things that I don't have time for, thinking about taking up karate

Carol
South Australia
who needs to go offline, among other things ...

Re: Voy Sisters, getting to know you - craftwise.... -- Barb 12:12:19 07/03/06 Mon [1]

Name Barb (Colorado)
Favorite colors--Usually red or purple, but I really like all colors--the brighter the better.
Favorite crafts--Right now I'm into Penny Rugs--I can do those and watch TV (if there's anything worthwhile on) and they are "portable". I also do just about any craft that I find here!! Crafting is my main addiction.
Collectibles--I collect bears, thimbles, depression glass and cows (including Ula May, she's a wringer washer cow who has to stay outside through all the weather). She usually gets a new hat for the most recent season. I love her--she'd make you all smile.
Hobbies--I love to read, use the computer daily for whatever strikes my fancy. Miss my "kids" who live everywhere but here (do have one that we're recycling right now, but figure he'll have to leave sometime!!) ; >
Can't let a day go by without checking in here to see what you are all up to. Wish we all lived closer!!!

Re: Voy Sisters, getting to know you - craftwise.... -- Amanda F 18:36:49 07/03/06 Mon [1]

Name: Amanda F.
Favorite Color: Burgundy, Mauve
***Favorite Crafts: Petal Porcelain, Crocheting, Glass Etching, Decoupaging, Woodwork, Floral Arrangement, Pouting Dolls, Seasonal Crafts, Basket Weaving, Handmade Glycerin Soaps & Bath Products, Gel Candles, Dreamcatchers, Leatherwork, Grapevine Wreaths, Gift Baskets, Plastic Canvas, Candy Making, Cake Decorating, Etc.....
Crafts I Want To Try: Mosaic Tiles, Ploymer Clay, Stain Glass
Favorite Hobbies: Poetry, Doing Baby & Bridal Showers and Weddings, Surfing the Internet, Spending time with my kids, family and friends, Reading
Favorite Collectables: Cookbooks esp

Re: Voy Sisters, getting to know you - craftwise.... -- Kay(PA), 10:45:25 07/05/06 Wed [1]

Name: Kay(PA)
Favorite Color: Blue
Favorite Crafts: I like doing wooden christmas ornaments (I cut them out and then paint them) scrapbooking, putting together gift baskets.... although I havent' had much time to craft over the past two years. My life keeps getting in the way.
Collectibles: Coca Cola stuff, small kitchen things like tins, old spice containers, old soda bottles, glasses, utensils, anything like that(I have them displayed above my kitchen cupboards and I've run out of room) any kind of antique.
Hobbies: Trying to keep up with this VoyForum. Doing crafts and scrapbooking. I used to read, but just can't seem to find the time. Gardening. Planning and organizing theme events and most of all spending time with my grandson.

Re: Voy Sisters, getting to know you - craftwise.... -- Jaunice, 12:00:10 07/05/06 Wed [1]

Favorite color..Red
Favorite Craft
Makeing carved candles,scented candles.woodcrafts sewing
Hobbies.. I like to try all kinds of crafts,love to fish.love to be with my family and grandchildren,I have a son that is bypolar need to keep his mind on good things hard to do.And I love the VoyForum also there is a lot of good ideas here to keep me busy and EVERYONE is so NICE.

Re: Voy Sisters, getting to know you - craftwise.... -- JudyW, 13:08:25 07/05/06 Wed [1]

About me:
Name: JudyW/TN
Favorite colors: purple and coral
Favorite crafts: Sewing and computers
Collectables: Emmett Kelley Jr. clowns
Hobbies: playing om my puter

Re: Voy Sisters, getting to know you - craftwise.... -- Melody 05:14:39 07/06/06 Thu [1]

Thanks Jude, it's fun learning more about our Voy Friends!
Name: Melody
Favorite Color: Pinks, blues & purples
Favorite Craft: Wow! Sewing, crocheting, knitting, scrapbook, paper crafts such as Iris Folding, Cross Stitch, beads, craft painting. Whatever strikes my fancy that day, love them all!
Collectables: Right now it looks like dust! Gotta get to that tomorrow! We used to collect Tom Clark figurines & my husband collects Gumby's. But I think I'm really into collecting plants and yard decorations! Love to add new babies to our backyard.
Hobbies: Crafts! Reading, plants, and just spending time doing nothing or doing something with my husband! He's my best friend of 44 years!

Re: Voy Sisters, getting to know you - craftwise.... -- rosemary (OWL) 08:37:51 07/06/06 Thu [1]

Name:Rosemary
Color:Green
Crafts:Crochet,Anything I am able to learn
Collect:OWLS Over 2,000 BUT I will gladly accept more LOL
Hobbies: Going to Red Hat meeting

Re: Voy Sisters, getting to know you - craftwise.... -- Pat P (NY) 11:31:40 07/06/06 Thu [1]

Hi all, Here's my stats.
NAME: Pat P (in N.Y.)
FAVORITE COLORS: blue, green, black, brown tones.
FAVORITE CRAFTS: rubber stamping, cardmaking, papercrafts, quilling, quilting, sewing, crochet, (some) knitting, (some) scrapbooking, Cross Stitch, Plastic Canvas, tatting, Swedish Weaving (new to it), would like to learn to create things with polymer clay, and almost anything else!
COLLECT: miniature cottage figurines, old-time candlesticks & chambersticks, inkwells, quill pens, angels, santas, snowmen, buttons, postcards, old greeting cards, embroidery, punch embroidery, recipes(!), teapots, books, anything pansies, state spoons & thimbles, anything Victorian and Pirate related, American Indian collectible paraphernalia -- and more .
HOBBIES: reading, writing stories, crafts, crossword puzzles, cryptograms, I'm a Bonsai enthusiast, fishing, cooking/baking, gardening, listening to music, my grandchildren, and much more.

Re: Voy Sisters, getting to know you - craftwise.... -- Claudia 13:11:38 07/06/06 Thu [1]

This information is so interesting and I finally decided I would add my own "stuff".

I am Claudia and today is my 73rd birthday! I would love to do cartwheels and celebrate, by my old body just won't do what it used to. I am grateful for a wonderful life and all the pleasant memories.

My favorite colors are the primary colors - red, yellow, green, blue....and black!

Crafts have been a constant companion for me for well over 30 years! Mostly I sew, but I have dabbled in just about every medium at one time or another. When all is said and done, I come right back to sewing. I am hoping very soon to get into making quilt tops with my "scrappy stash"!
Yo-yo's are fun and I love making pillows out of vintage chenille spreads. I make basic items like oven door dresses, potato bags, rice bags, detergent bottle aprons, paper back book covers, tooth fairy pillows, and pillow cases - for a craft coop nearby.

In the past I have collected "kittie thingies" and lots of other things, but we recently put our home up for sale and I have purged all the collections that I had displayed and stashed back.
I have spaces in two antique malls, so they have all been moved to the shelves there. I was surprised to find that I could really live quite well without the clutter.

I love to collect the vintage items to sell. I think the fun is in the hunt! I sell vintage hats, purses, pillows, dishes, toys, buttons, patterns, etc. and love when someone buys something I have searched for and bought because I loved it.

I love to read and work crossword puzzles. I have a few "yard areas" that I try to keep along with a few pieces of "yard junk".

Thanks for listening to all of this, but life really is wonderful and I cherish each and every day.
Hugs,
Claudia

Re: Voy Sisters, getting to know you - craftwise.... -- Tona 06:15:09 07/11/06 Tue [1]

Well, it looks like I'm the last one. It's almost 5am here so I hope I can think well enough to remember.

NAME: TonaB (Tona),(Stitchmom)Interesting stuff about me-have had DH for 36 yrs; 3 sons-Roy 32,unmarried;Walter 30,Married to Deborah, son Brad; Steven 26,will be married to Karen July 14,2007. Born in AR, grew up in FL came back to AR for college and got married. Been here ever since.
FAVORITE COLORS: Blue, Pinks, Mauves, some greens
FAVORITE CRAFTS: I have tried just about craft there has been. My favorite is probably crochet. I can make so many things to use as gifts for friends & family. I enjoy trying new things through the swaps, I'm really glad they have been made on a slower pace. It gives me more time to come up with a really good craft and make it.
COLLECT: My husband would say I collect fabric and yarn. Oh, and sewing machines. Anyway---I collect foxes of any kind. I have many different kinds.
HOBBIES: Okay now--someone is gooing to have to explain the difference between hobbies and crafts? Is there really a difference? I know, I know!!! I enjoy reading, watching a good John Wayne film on our big screen tv with my husband, and I enjoy my husband enjoying himself out in his train room-that's toy trains.

Sorry to wait so long to get this done but all of you know how busy the summer gets. TonaB
crafterwannabe

Postby crafterwannabe » Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:38 am

Date Posted: 10:13:13 04/29/09 Wed
Author: penny
Subject: Lets have some fun... Getting to know everyone on here

Lets have some fun getting to know each other. We have alot of new names on here. So I think it will be fun to let everyone know a lil bout us. Name and age, where you are from, family, hobbies and crafts you like to do, things you collect. Just keep it simple.

Replies:
Re: Lets have some fun... Getting to know everyone on here -- penny, 10:24:51 04/29/09 Wed [1]

Hey Im Penny from Va. Im 47 and work full time in a finishing room at a furn factory. I am married to a wonderiful man for 28 yrs. Have a son 22 and a dau 16.My son and his girlfriend will be getting married in June 2011. I like spenting time with family and friends. I like doing papercrafts, making ornies. And will try all kinds of crafts at least once.LOL. I really enjoy this board and joining the swaps on here. I also have met some wonderiful cyber friends on here. I love angels, snowmen and frogs. We have some very talented ladies on here. And I appreciate each one of you. I have gotten alot of new ideas from you guys. Thanks so much for being part of my cyber family. You all are the best in the world.

Re: Lets have some fun... Getting to know everyone on here -- Amber, 10:24:53 04/29/09 Wed [1]

This is going to be fun!

I am in my early 30's.
I live an equal distance between Dayton and Cincinnati in Ohio.
I have two little girls, Jaiden almost 5 and Arya, 2 years.
I am a stay at home mom.
I love to sew and do general crafts. I cannot paint anything but walls. I do not know how to crochet or knit, but I have always wanted to learn.
I have 20 year glue gun that my hubby makes fun of because I refuse to buy a new one.
I am a collector of clutter. I don't enjoy it, but I just can't seem to get rid of it. It ssems to come in faster than it goes out!

Re: Lets have some fun... Getting to know everyone on here -- shilo, 10:36:39 04/29/09 Wed [1]

I'm 53 years YOUNG. I live in Colorado. I have 2 children,
my DD that's 30, with 3 sons and DS that's 32 and 1 son and 1 daughter. 5 grands. I'm married to a wonderful man. I don't work due to disabilitys. I collect angels. I love to bead, crochet, and do lots of different crafts.

Re: Lets have some fun... Getting to know everyone on here -- Linda Ohio now GA, 10:41:53 04/29/09 Wed [1]

Although my name is Linda, I go by Linners to everyone....less confusing that way since many women are named Linda. I'm 69, we have one daughter, 5 grandchildren and 4 greatgrands. We moved from Ohio to GA almost 7 years ago and love Georgia. We have 1 dog and 5 cats and feed lots of birds and squirrels. I'm a retired teacher and love to craft, mainly for our family.

Re: Lets have some fun... Getting to know everyone on here -- Jaunice, 11:41:25 04/29/09 Wed [1]

Hello everyone my name is Jaunice alot of people ask me how do you say it well this might not be the best example but on line think this ( One east) it is not a a common name I have heard of four other people with it and spell it the same way. I am 60 years old my birthday is in Nov.I have three wonderful son's one Bi Polar but a wonderful son. I have three wonderful grandsons and daughter -in-law.I love too sew and we made candles until the wax got so high. we made scented candles and carved candles .I also love to do wood cut outs and try my hand at any craft.Love this site it is a wonderful place and evryone is so frindly.

Re: Lets have some fun... Getting to know everyone on here -- Karen in Ohio, 15:27:14 04/29/09 Wed [1]

My name is Karen.
I live outside Toledo Ohio.
I have a great hubby (23 yr),3 wonderful kids Craig 22, Katie 19, & Colton 8.
I also Have a beautiful Granddaughter Summer Sky 2.
I work at a family owned fireworks co. so i have a lot of time for family and crafts.
I sew, crochet, do needle work, wood work, and almost anything i can get my hands and mind on.

Re: Lets have some fun... Getting to know everyone on here -- Doreen G., 15:36:00 04/29/09 Wed [1]

My name Doreen G. and I am 53 years old. I live in a rural part of Rhode Island. I am a retired special education teacher- I taught for about 30 years. I am not working right now, but plan to go back to work when the right job comes along...

I have been married for almost 19 years and have 2 teen aged kids (son-17 and daughter-16) and 3 German Shepherd dogs. The dogs are my babies...

I am not especially artistic, but I enjoy paper crafts- making greeting cards, bookmarks, etc. I have a passion for cooking and baking. I am not a fancy cook, but I enjoy making things from scratch (no pre-made pie crust for me!!!)

I ended up here because I have been co-chairing our church's bazaar for the past 3 or 4 years. I look for ideas for crafts to sell that are unique and will be easy to make.

I especially enjoy the encouragement and support that I get here. My family is dealing with some struggles right now and I am so glad to have the prayers and encouragement of caring friends from all over the world!!!
Doreen G.

Re: Lets have some fun... Getting to know everyone on here -- debbie, 16:01:32 04/29/09 Wed [1]

Hi, my name is debbie, i live about 25 minutes out of chattanooga tn, am 52 years old live with my husband and 2 little yorkies that are my babys. have 3 children the oldest is having a baby girl middle of the month so a trip to fla is on our way. we used to do craft shows with a lot of wood work but health is not letting us do it any more. so we woodwork for our friends and i love to scrapbook.anytime i need a friend i always come to this board and feel like i know you all.

Re: Lets have some fun... Getting to know everyone on here -- Huskerfan, 16:04:07 04/29/09 Wed [1]

I am Linda from Nebraska. I am 55 I think. I have always been a stay at home mom but now all the kids are gone so I do alterations for other people. Makes a nice little income.

Have 3 kids: A son Nickolas 27 next month, A daughter 25 and Married, And a son Tyler who is 20. No Grandbabies but am waiting. Tammy had cancer and was cleared 7 months ago and So am waiting for her to tell me she is going to have a baby but the Doctor said sometimes it takes a while after all the chemo.

My DH is John and we have been married 29 years. He is a teacher at a community college. He teaches Machine tool.

We have 1 very spoiled dog who will be 2 on July 3. Also have 2 cats and 2 pretty large fish.

I love all crafts and will try almost all but like Amber I can not paint anything but walls. I do mostly Sewing and love to crochet. I did get to the store yesterday and get some beads as I am going to give that a try. I also make almost all my own cards. Mostly I think I spend way to much time here on Voy.

My most favorite to collect is all the Husker stuff. I have shelves full and am running out of room for my crafts. I do love my Nebraska Huskers.
Linda

Re: Lets have some fun... Getting to know everyone on here -- Laurene, 16:39:20 04/29/09 Wed [1]

I am Laurene from a small town in SW Wisconsin, not far from the Mississippi River to our west and the Wisconsin River to our North. We like to fish. I am married for almost 27 years to my second husband who is my soul mate. I have 3 kids by my first marriage and one with my second. They are all adults. We have 7 grandchildren. Actually they are mine but my husband is their "Grandpa" in their hearts.
I try lots of crafts but love anything to do with paper. Thanks to all the talented ladies on this board I have gotten many great ideas for this. I mostly craft for family and friends. In Nov I help make real evergreen wreaths at a tree farm. It is owned by a former pastor and her husband and are good friends. I turned 65 in January.
My husband and i are both active in our church ..I teach Sunday School and VBS and he is Chairman of the Trustees.
I enjoy all the ladies on this forum and can't let a day go by without checking in to see any new crafts, those who need prayer and to see whats new with everyone.
Laurene

Re: Lets have some fun... Getting to know everyone on here -- Denise, 16:44:36 04/29/09 Wed [1]

Penny, thanks for starting this! It's interesting for those of us who haven't been on here much to get to know the others.

I am 51, happily married, 28 years, have 2 children, son 22 and daughter 18. I live in southern middle TN (my home state) and work in a dental office. I have also lived in AL, GA, SC, TX, and AR. I enjoy being involved in church activities and family. I love to cross-stitch and read, as well as doing a different assortment of crafts. I collect snowmen, birdhouses, and books (or so my family and friends say!)I also like photography, gardening, and cooking, always looking for new recipes.

Re: Lets have some fun... Getting to know everyone on here -- Virginia from Pa, 16:52:46 04/29/09 Wed [1]

HI
My name is Virginia & I am 62 years young. I have 2 children DS 40 & DD 27. Both are married & I am blessed with 1 DGS. He is 4 & the love of my life next to my husband of 42 years come May 4th. I am from a small town about 40 miles from Pittsburgh, Pa. I enjoy sewing, plastic canvas & a lot of other crafts. Can knit & crochet but don't really enjoy either. I check in with this site every day to see what is happening & have gotten many great ideas from here. Please keep them coming.
Virginia from Pa

Re: Lets have some fun... Getting to know everyone on here -- cathy in az.., 17:42:27 04/29/09 Wed [1]

Ok here i go..im Cathy from Arizona and i am married for 35 yrs and i have 2 grown kids..I also have 2 grandsons . I love animals i better cause i have 2 bassett hounds and 1 chihuahua and 2 cats..
I moved to Arizona from California where i was born and raised..im mexican american and hubby is from Arkansas..
We met on a blind date..haha
I love to cook and scrapbook and cardmake and picture take and trying my hand at jewlery making..
I am disabled with 2 bad knees and when i did work i was a cook in several restaurants and then i worked for Toyota proving grounds keeping the place clean..i loved that job they treated me so well..
I enjoy socializing although i dont do much of it..i live in the boonies so its too far for vists...
i love my webtv and laptop..
Since coming on VOY my life has changed alot..its nice having friends to learn from and enjoy.thanks all for being part of a special family here..

Re: Lets have some fun... Getting to know everyone on here -- MaryB, 18:23:20 04/29/09 Wed [1]

Good Evening Ladies,Mary-Smokey from Orlando,Fl im 64-i have three grown boys-4 grand children 1 great grand child and another due in october.I love paper crafts but do all kinds except knitting -i havent croceted in years.i have two small dogs i love light houses,anything ocean-fishing-which i also love to do salt water.We have the best ladies around~~~~and the best prayer group around~~~~~welcome to our HOME

Re: Lets have some fun... Getting to know everyone on here -- Sunnyshares, 18:56:00 04/29/09 Wed [1]

My name is Heather and I'm 53. I live in Ontario Canada with my amazing husband John and have been married for 28 years. We have 3 daughters (Holly,Ashlee & Carly). We have 3 grandaughters (Emma,Summer & Kylee). My poor husband, even the dog (shit tzu named Montana) is a girl. We are thankful for son-in-laws (lol) I enjoy making all kinds of different things and have been nick named Martha because I can't look at anything without thinking about what it could be. I also make decorative signs for the home. We camp in the summer, so I'm not on much. Love this site and the wonderful women on here.

Re: Lets have some fun... Getting to know everyone on here -- cocacolabaka, 19:43:18 04/29/09 Wed [1]

Hi everyone, I'm Barbara and I live in a small town near Akron, Oh. I'm 62 and have 2 great kids, a DS 39 and a DD 41 and five grandchildren. I collect cookbook and cookie jars, I love doing plastic canvas,mostly my own designs. I'm starting on a new adventure soon, I've lived in my current home for 57 years and I'm moving to a smaller place. I love living in the country but I want to live closer to my kids. I want to add that the people on this board are the greatest, they have helped me through some rough times and helped me celebrate good ones, I add you all to my prayers every night.

Re: Lets have some fun... Getting to know everyone on here -- Wanda in Texas, 19:56:05 04/29/09 Wed [1]

I am Wanda, 66, wife of 1 "GREAT" grandpa (will be married 48 years next month);mother of 4; grandmother of 22 (ages 23 - 4 months), great grandmother of 2 (one 2 yrs other almost 1) & 7/9ths.Just outside of Dallas in Grand Prairie. I love to crochet. In process of crocheting twin sized afghans for grandchildren for birthdays & graduations this year. I also like to make stuffed animals for the younger ones. I have done a lot of crocheting for charity. I love making things for people (but I would rather give it in a manner that the one receiving doesn't know I am the one doing the giving.) Does that make sense?

My husband and I are both disabled. I have been in a wheelchair for 6 years, but that doesn't stop me from much. We don't have the means to travel much, but I like my neck of the world and am content to stay put--for now!

Like to visit with other crocheters, belong to the crochet group at my local senior citizens center. On Friday, some of the ladies who crochet come to my house for about 4 hours. I love it!

Re: Lets have some fun... Getting to know everyone on here -- donna in nc (cool), 20:19:45 04/29/09 Wed [1]

hi I am donna and I live in north carolina I am 60 yrs young I have 2 dd 0ne is 40 and the other 41 I have 2gd's and 1 gs also have 1 ggd I love all crafts but really into trash to treasure I love to recycle I am not married do not wish to be married been there done that(LOL) I do have a male roommate who has lived in my home for 9 years and isn't crafty at all(LOL) I am disabled so am limited to what I can do now but stay on this puter way too much

Re: Lets have some fun... Getting to know everyone on here -- Bernie, 20:19:54 04/29/09 Wed [1]

Hi everyone i'm Bernie (Bernadette Brosnan) i will be 40 in a few days,I Live in England married to Jason for 16 years and have a 14 year old son called Pierce (seriously) and a cat called Hardy. I enjoy Linedancing and Ballroom, also am a cub leader at the local Scout Group, Am an Assitant Bank Manager, am enjoying reading all the posts and slowly getting to know some of you.
Love to you all Bernie

Re: Lets have some fun... Getting to know everyone on here -- SarahC, 20:20:20 04/29/09 Wed [1]

Hello! I'm Sarah from Rochester,NY. I've been married 22 years(in June) and we have two sons,age 11 and 15. I enjoy trying any craft at least once! My favorites are crochet,plastic canvas,cross-stitch and papercraft(cardmaking and scrapbooking). I work part time in an elementary school cafeteria as a lunch aide. I collect souvinier spoons and swans. And craft supplies! It's wonderful to see we are all so different and yet so similar!

Re: Lets have some fun... Getting to know everyone on here -- Rickie, 20:21:37 04/29/09 Wed [1]

Hi everyone.
I'm from Washinton St. Been married 37 yrs. Two daughters and 2 grandsons 3 & 2 and a granddaughter due anytime. I work at a elementary running a Computer Math Lab. I see 400 kids 4 days a week. I love it. I like to sew simply projects and do things with graphics on the computer. Working like I do, I don't much time. I appreciate everyone on the board as they have helped me out several times.
Have a great week everyone.

Re: Lets have some fun... Getting to know everyone on here -- candylady, 20:30:45 04/29/09 Wed [1]

Hi my name is Carol but Candylady here on the board I love this board because there are so many great people here
and have helped me many times.
I am 65 and work part time been married 41 years this Dec
have 4 children 2 girls and 2 boys have 10 grant children
like to do easy crafts enjoy working with digitals to make
labels for candy and etc. I live in a little town in CT
called Moosup I am about 1/2 hr away from the 2 casinos here in Ct.

Re: Lets have some fun... Getting to know everyone on here -- Judy, 20:35:50 04/29/09 Wed [1]

Hi. My name is Judy, I have two sons and 5 g-kids 2 girls and 3 boys, Have a friend for 25 years long engagement,I stay close to alot of beaches, from bolivia N.C. Stay in the country have a graden and love mowing grass, retired from pfizer and ADM, A chemical plant, I love doing crafts, baking, I do wedding cakes for family and friends,The girls at church and I do 24 bags for the nurseing home, and home bound and i do something each time,I try to be good to all and I love it here I just wish i could learn to do it all --i try

Re: Lets have some fun... Getting to know everyone on here -- Barboo, 20:50:16 04/29/09 Wed [1]

Hi my name is Barbara AKA Barboo I am 62 years old. Mother of 1 son who is 38 and is home with me. He has Spina Bifida.I love to craft and and I am a professional Clown. I work full time as a clerk in a office.

Re: Lets have some fun... Getting to know everyone on here -- Deb in GA, 20:51:25 04/29/09 Wed [1]

Hi everyone,
My name is Debbie Ann, I go by Deb in GA on the voy
I have 1 son that is grown and married to a great gal. No grandbabies, but I have grand puppies and great grandpuppies.
I live with 4 dogs ( Mick, Cleo, Sassy and Chica) 1 cat Cali Girl, 1 chinchilla names chilly willy, and a turtle named Isabella.
I am 46 years young, love to sew and craft (try my hand at many things)
Born and raised in South Florida, but been a Jawja peach since 1988

Re: Lets have some fun... Getting to know everyone on here -- Norma, 22:36:13 04/29/09 Wed [1]

Yes, Norma here... I am 69 and love to keep busy. I was disabled since '90 but went back to working 2 years ago with a lady who has MS. I love to craft, plastic canvas, paper crafts and am working on bamboo tile beads at present, among other crafts. I have 2 daughters and a son. All of legal age. I also have 11 grandchildren and 3 great-granddaughters. All are the apple of my eye. I craft to give to all my family. Keeps me busy and off the streets.... that's a joke. I am very happy and enjoy making others happy too. Norma

Re: Lets have some fun... Getting to know everyone on here -- Sondra, 22:41:06 04/29/09 Wed [1]

I'm Sondra, I was born,raised and still live in Kansas. Will be married for 43 years this July. We have 1 Daughter 2 Sons (one which is forever 17) 1 Granddaughter, 3 Grandsons ranging in age from 20 down to 6. We are expecting our first Great-Grandson anyday now and another grandbaby due in December.
I love doing computer crafting and keep busy designing printables for my website.
Sondra

Re: Lets have some fun... Getting to know everyone on here -- Amber.... likes frogs, 23:12:53 04/29/09 Wed [1]

Hey Im Amber dau of Penny. Im 16 and from va. I enjoy doing paper crafts and stamps and scrapbooking. I enjoy learning all different kinds of crafts from my mom. I also do some swaps on here and really enjoy those. And like my name says I LOVE FROGS!!!

Re: Lets have some fun... Getting to know everyone on here -- Deborah, 00:39:06 04/30/09 Thu [1]

Hello my name is Deborah and I'm from Albertville, Alabama I live here with my husband and my one daughter who is back home Thank God(Thanks for all your prayers) and 3 dogs, 5 Cats, I work two part time jobs and I love to make ornies and do the card swaps and sew when I have time. I love the voy and everyone here. God Bless Deborah

Re: Lets have some fun... Getting to know everyone on here -- Doreen, 02:58:42 04/30/09 Thu [1]

Oh what fun Penny, we haven't done this in quite a while so thanks for thinking of it...

Hi everyone, I'm Doreen, known as Doreen on here too : ) I have been here quite a while, seems forever and have made several friends which makes me very happy, bless you all!
I live on the island of Malta, have been married to my wonderful husband for 31 years this coming June, have two great kids, our daughter is 22 and our son 19 who has brought his lovely GF into our lives. Our first born is our sweet angel Matthew, God's special gift to us 'now in heaven'. All our kids were born in Canada where we lived for over 10 years, we still call it our 'home'!
I love making cards, computer crafts, glass painting, decoupage and well, I will try my hand at anything new. And I love to write poems and stories as well as painting and my new found love is taking pictures!!! I have also done some crocheting and I have a never-ending list of To Do's. This year I am enjoying having my own blog. You can find the link in the archives as we are not allowed to post it here ourselves (Voy rules not Karen's).
I love everyone here and have made some wonderful on-line friendships from all over the world.
God bless each and every one of you, you are all so very special.
Hugs
Doreen

Re: Lets have some fun... Getting to know everyone on here -- Jan C, 04:01:46 04/30/09 Thu [1]

I can definitely echo all the feelings written so far about this board - marvelous place to visit!

I am Jan C and I live in Seattle, WA in the same house for 32 years. It is filled with crafts from attic to basement. I knit, crochet, paper craft, decorate envelopes (a club I belong to and exchange), and just about every craft available. Some only a little and now mostly crochet due to disability and having to sit most of the time. I used to do a lot of music activities and lots of dancing. I really miss those times. I have one son - deaf and living at home and helps me immensely. I have a couple of gals who adopted me as second mom and I am grandma to their kids. I do have some grandchildren in California but have not been allowed to see the families. Probably could not travel that far now anyway but still think of them. I do still keep as active as possible and enjoy a little time on the computer. It is so great having the family we have on this board and all that is shared. Oh, forgot (old age? LOL) I am soon to be 72 and my son is 45. Guess that is enough information for now. Keep up all the good work, gals.

Re: Lets have some fun... Getting to know everyone on here -- treee, 04:24:50 04/30/09 Thu [1]

I'm Teresa. I'll be 56 this year. I live in MO with my hubby of 28 years this year. I have 4 daughters,2 sons,4 granddaughters,5 grandsons and 4 cats. I'm retired so I have alot of time to craft and bake. I love to do all kinds of crafts. I like coming here and reading all the posts and getting to know everyone.

Re: Lets have some fun... Getting to know everyone on here -- * Crafty Sue *, 05:26:37 04/30/09 Thu [1]

This looks like fun so here is something about me too.

My name is Susan ... Crafty Sue on this forum.
I am 54 years old.
I was born in Malta, I am Doreen's sister.
I married a wonderful Italian man 29 years ago this coming June.
I now live in Italy, exactly in Asti that is in the Piedmont region.
We have a daughter who's 27 years and a son who is 18.
I love all kinds of crafts, painting, clay modelling, embroidery and all the do-it-yourself crafts.
I have my own Craft Blog that's listed in this forum's archive.
My favorite colours are red and blue.
I love my computer especially my graphic programm and create my own printables , many of which I have shared on this forum with my dear cyber friends here and others on my blog.
I have made some great cyber friends on this forum and love visiting it daily.
Hugs,
Susan.

I now live in Italy, exactly in Asti that is in the Piedmont region.

Re: Lets have some fun... Getting to know everyone on here -- Sharon Leach, 07:28:08 04/30/09 Thu [1]

My name is Sharon Leach, I live just outside Grand Haven, MI, which is on beautiful Lake Michigan. I am almost 63 years old, have been married to my high school sweetheart for 44 years June 4th. Have a son who is 36 and a daughter who will be 33 May 30th. They are both married and have given us three grandsons, David, Elijah and Noah. I do most crafts and enjoy machine embroidery the most. I also knit, crochet, quilt, garment sewing, along with doing glass blocks and a lot of the same crafts you all do. I also enjoy traveling the state and seeing all of the lighthouses that Michigan claims fame to. Also do genealogy. Have my and my husbands family back to the 1600's. Guess that is enough for now.
Sharon

Re: Lets have some fun... Getting to know everyone on here -- SandraTN, 08:57:09 04/30/09 Thu [1]

Hi, my name is Sandra and I live in Knoxville, TN., near the Great Smoky Mtns. Nat'l Park.-love the mtns., Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg/Cherokee, NC. I am 62 yrs. young, have been married 40+ yrs. We have 2 married children, 4 g'children, who keep us active. DIL is from IL and SIL is from AL. I enjoy most all crafts. Not really into making cards, but love papercrafts, working on the computer, my digital camera and graphics, feeding and watching birds in our yard. DH retired from Oak Ridge and the U. S. Coast Guard (37 yrs), son is in the Air Force/Air Nat'l. Guard and is currently at McGhee Tyson Airbase here in Knoxville.

Re: Lets have some fun... Getting to know everyone on here -- Nannyday, 09:31:39 04/30/09 Thu [1]

Hi my name is Judy ,I am 61 (could say 62), birthday this month, I am the Mom of 3 sons, Nanny to 9 grandchildren & 2 great grandsons. I work at the local school as teachers aide. I was down sized at a factory job of 24 years. Good news is I love my new job. Married to a wonderful man Lloyd. I love this board and come 2-3 times a day. Addicted I think. LOL I love scrapbooking, card making, sewing ( some). I like most everything not a master at anything. I think small crafts like pins and magnets are my favorite. I live in midwest Illinois. Just got 2 inch rain last night. Nannyday

Re: Lets have some fun... Getting to know everyone on here -- Ginny, 10:07:45 04/30/09 Thu [1]

I am Ginny, SAHM (stay at home Mom) for 4 wonderful children. 3 girls ages 13 (14 this Sunday), 9 and 9 months and one little man who is 11. I am 35, and was attending college to become a teacher. Started when my 9 year old entered kindergarten and with 3 semesters left to graduation we found out about baby 4, so that is on hold for a while. I enjoy crochet, polymer clay, and cross stitch, but I also bead, knit, quilt, papercraft and just about anything else. Like Amber, I can't paint anything but a wall or paint by numbers and I also tend to collect clutter. But I am getting better at finding it a home other than my own. I live in WV smack in the middle of Charleston and Huntington. I recently started a blog and am really liking it. I share some of my patterns and ideas. I hope one day to publish one of my patterns, but who know what God has in store for me. I just sit back and follow where He leads. Nice to meet everyone!

Re: Lets have some fun... Getting to know everyone on here -- Jane B, 10:17:28 04/30/09 Thu [1]

Hello,
My name is Jane and I live in Central Wisconsin. I'm 45 years old and have been married to my wonderful husband for 26 years. We have 3 children. The oldest is married and has 2 daughters, our middle child is getting married this October and our only son is a junior in high school. We live in a small community so my crafting experiences are limited. No Michael's, Joanne's, or Hobby Lobby here. I enjoy my flower garden, craft sales, garage sales, and stamping. I do enjoy making homemade crafts and sharing them with my family and friends. I think this board is wonderful. I hope to get a little more involved in the future. Thanks for the invite to share a little bit about myself. I find this very interesting to find out where everyone is from ~ and I didn't know the Crafty Sue & Doreen are sisters! Awesome!

Re: Lets have some fun... Getting to know everyone on here -- HDMac, 10:30:51 04/30/09 Thu [1]

GREAT idea, Penny!
Hi! I am Marcia and I am from Washington state. I am 58 years young. I have 5 wonderful grown children, and 15 SOON to be 16 grandchildren! I do work outside the home fulltime but am seeking employment at the moment. I REALLY enjoy crafts!!!! My mom, who did not consider herself crafty, really did get me started... she always encouraged me to make May baskets every year and let me go with them.... I was sewing (on a treadle machine) by the time I was second grade! Sewing and crocheting are my first loves, then paper crafts and anything I see that looks like fun to me !! I love to craft!!!! My craft room shows that! lol I have made some wonderful friends on this craft board and REALLY appreciate Calico (Val) for introducing me to this board. Everyone is so talented and so willing to help! Not just in the crafting part of our lives but in every aspect of our lives. The friends here REALLY care and shoe it in many ways. I can see many of us sitting at the kitchen table, enjoying a good cup of tea or coffee and sharing not only our crafts and recipes but our lives and prayers.

Ok.. now I am off to read all the interesting things about YOU! this might be a great thread to print out and keep in a little prayer notebook next to the computer!

Re: Lets have some fun... Getting to know everyone on here -- Theresa, 10:45:48 04/30/09 Thu [1]

Hi
My name is Theresa,i live in way down south in Louisiana
im married ,have 2 kisd my dd is 27 and i have 2 wonderful grandkids ,and i have a son that is 24 and im about to become a grand mother in September my son 's first child we go tomorrow to find out what she is having i cant wait,i love all kinds of crafts,me and my sil is into making cards
and i love being on my computer,i love being part of this crafting family Thanks so much for having me here

Re: Lets have some fun... Getting to know everyone on here -- GramaDee, 11:46:24 04/30/09 Thu [1]

Hi Ladies! I'm Dee and I live in Kansas with my DH. We have 2 kids, one boy one girl...and 5 grandsons(hence the GramaDee).
They live out of state so we have two fur-kids to keep us busy.
I love to cook, garden, canning; and do PSP paper crafts.
I also love to read.
I collect cookbooks(DH says I also collect flip-flops,lol).

I love to come here and browse around, always find lots of intresting things to read. I have learned so much from my Voy sisters. Thank you all!
hugs~
Dee

Re: Lets have some fun... Getting to know everyone on here -- MrsLadebug, 18:08:16 04/30/09 Thu [1]

Hi, Let me introduce myself to the newer ones. My name is Frances but I go by MrsLadebug. I will be 65 in May. I'm married to my best friend for 33 years. We live in North Carolina. We have five children, five grandchildren and two great grandchildren. We also have two tiny Toy Poodles. They are spoiled rotten : ) . I was in my late fifties before I started making crafts, and I fell in love, LOL. I especially love printable's. I love making and giving little friendship gifts/tokens to my family, friends, neighbors and just about anyone I meet LOL and last but not least, I absolutely love this site and the ladies on it!!
(((Hugs))),
MrsLadebug

Re: Lets have some fun... Getting to know everyone on here -- knuckstermom(bonnie), 18:12:25 04/30/09 Thu [1]

HI Girls-it's such fun to see some old familiar names and so many new ones too! Barbie & me are celebrating birthdays this year! That doll has everything! I'm in Iowa and have hubs & son at home, DD recently married and I love to be crafty at scrap booking, paper crafts, sewing & quilting.

Re: Lets have some fun... Getting to know everyone on here -- Maureen, 19:06:53 04/30/09 Thu [1]

I am Maureen. I live in the Twin Cities. I am 50 years old, and have worked for the Dept. of Corrections for 17 years. I have been married for 29 years and have two grown children. Hubby works for Coca Cola. Our 26 year old son is buying his first house later in May, he is a low voltage electrician. Our 23 year old daughter is a senior in college. She is getting ready to be a special ed teacher! I love to scrap book, make cards and make Christmas ornaments from light bulbs. I have made hat box cakes for neices' weddings as well as table decorations. I love surfing the net for new craft items to make. I do not ever sell my things, I just make them for gifts. Nice to read up on everyone else!

Re: Lets have some fun... Getting to know everyone on here -- REGINA, 19:07:51 04/30/09 Thu [1]

Hi my name is Regina and I live in Lewisburg, Tn. (about 50 miles from Nashville). I am 56, married (a second marriage)for nearly 10 years. I have 2 daughters (Michele 37 and Angela 31), a stepdaughter (Janelle 31) and 2 stepsons (Jason 33 and daniel 29). I have 4 grandsons (Zakk 17, Drew 11, Jayden 8, Trey 2 1/2 yrs. and we are expecting another one in November) I am an Administrative Assistant at Westhills Elementary School and have worked there for 20 years.

Re: Lets have some fun... Getting to know everyone on here -- Laura, 22:39:27 04/30/09 Thu [1]

HI, my name is Laura and I live in Orange County, California. I'll be 48 this year(oh my, almost 50!) I have a DH of 23 years and we have a DD 16 and a DS 19 along with my 3 babies which are all dogs. My favorite craft is sewing and reading! I love to find new and different patterns. My other favorite past time is baking. I can bake but not cook!lol I am a total cookbook collector, someday I have to clean it out since I am running out of room! I work FT in law enforcement, so it's hard to find time to do the things I enjoy, but I try my best to put a couple hours aside to enjoy those things.

Re: Lets have some fun... Getting to know everyone on here -- Bev(meme), 00:37:10 05/01/09 Fri [1]

Hello, my name is Bev(meme)and is what I go by on the Voy. I am 62years young and live in the good ole south.LOL where cornbread and turnip greens reign.Hehe. DH and I will be married 45 years this Nov. We have 2 sons and 5 Grands that are the apple of our eyes. Our oldest GD will be graduating from High School May 11 and oldest GS will be graduating from High School May 29th. I love to do just about all crafts, except knitting. My first choice would be paper crafts, card making and scrapbooking. Like most have said this is my favorite and the best site on the web. Everyone is like family and is so caring and helpful. I check in several times a day. Until later---- Hugs, Bev(meme)

Re: Lets have some fun... Getting to know everyone on here -- jacksmum, 01:23:12 05/01/09 Fri [1]

My name is Sue ... jacksmum on this forum. LOL Jack is the dog!

I am 45 years old.
I was born in the UK but my parents moved to Australia when I was 8 and it's there that I call home.
I'm married to Tony who really is my better half and next month we will be celebrating our 25th Wedding Anniversary.
We have a daughter who's 21 years and a son who is 19.
I love card making, reading, cooking - lol and eating , painting and being near the ocean.
My favorite color is orange but I like all colors especially bright ones.
I enjoy my computer especially since it allows me to stay in touch with all my dear cyber friends.
HUGS and what a great thread.
Sue

Re: Lets have some fun... Getting to know everyone on here -- wanda, 20:42:34 05/01/09 Fri [1]

hi, my name is wanda, today i am 60.-5-1-09. i to live in the south, seems as if there are many of us here.i am married to my DH for 44 yrs. this nov. i have 4 grown children and each has a spouse. we have 8 DGChilren and 4 great GC.i love to craft but find that i don't have the time that i use to,i am still working full time at a company called DJO/empi. a medical place. this is fun, come on , lets keep it going, wanda

Re: Lets have some fun... Getting to know everyone on here -- Tona, 21:09:22 05/01/09 Fri [1]

Hi everyone. I'm Tona, 58, and I live in Van Buren, AR. My DH of almost 39 years(6-21) have lived here for 37 yrs, at this address for 32 yrs and in our current house for 13 yrs. We lost our original home to a tornado in 1996. We have 3 sons; Roy, 35 & single(anyone have an unattached daughter that likes to hunt and fish), works for a company that, among other things, makes road signs; Walter, 33 & married to Deborah, son Brad-15, manager of an iron & metal recycling company; and Steven, 29 & married to Karen, has been a Walmart associate for almost 9 years and is a 2nd shift support manager, he & Karen are very active with the youth in their church and are working on becoming foster parents.

Dh is on medical disability and now I have to get used having him around 24/7. I am an insulin diabetic on an insulin pump and have trouble with my back but it doesn't keep me from working on my crafts. I enjoy crochet, beading things other than jewelry, and just general crafts.

I love this board and enjoy all the new crafts that have been introduced here. Everyone is so helpful, not just with crafts and household problem solving, but with personal problems when they come up.

I love my voy friends!

Re: Lets have some fun... Getting to know everyone on here -- Linda Lemasters, 22:54:38 05/01/09 Fri [1]

Hi, My name is Linda, I live in Peculiar, Mo.
I have 4 children, 1 who is a Marine, cwo, been in Iraq 5 times. I have 13 grandchildren, 6 Great grand children.
I love to make things for other people mainly little favors for the people I work with. I work for Walmart Vision Center for 17 years. Been married for 43 years to my best friend since we were 12. We love to ride the Motorcyle. Planning on going to Camp Lejune N.C. and going to my first Bike Rally in Myrtle Beach, S.C. , this month. Was in Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg , Tn 2 weeks ago to ride in the mountains and Welcome my son home . Just wish the weather was better, but had a ball. We love to travel, when we can. Mostly do paper crafts, but started out with wood crafts, and painting, and love to crochet little things, while I travel. There is alot of talent on this board and wish to Thank all of you for sharing.

Re: Lets have some fun... Getting to know everyone on here -- Kimberly, 08:13:57 05/02/09 Sat [1]

Well lets see...My name is Kimberly and I am 35 years old. I was born and raised in Nebraska but married a man from Oklahoma 12 years ago so here we sit in Oklahoma now. (in alot of water this week..LOL) We don't have any of our own children biologically but just won custody of our 4 year old niece after 2 years of fighting for her. I love a wide variety of crafts but plastic canvas will always be my favorite but since walmart quit with the craft department I have had to slow down on it. This week me and my neice have been making wishing wells out of popsicle sticks and planting moss rose to go in them for mothers day for everyone. We just purchased our own home so now in the middle of living in it while remodeling, plain and simple it sucks.

Re: Lets have some fun... Getting to know everyone on here -- Nancy, 10:34:56 05/02/09 Sat [1]

HEllo, I am Nancy from Ohio, at present i an 59 and getting ready to celebrate the big one on June 2, so tickled the other day , i received my golden buckeye care, boy am i ready to go shopping now.....lol......
I am a school bus driver for head start, ( 3,4 and 5 year olds) have been doing this for 16 years......
My husband and i will celebrate our 38th anniversary in june.... We have four children ...... one son that is 35, and daughter that is 32, another son that is 22 and another son that is 20...... 5 grandchildren and one on the way which will be here in about 3 weeks........
My husband and i live on a farm
I love to scrapbook, and crochet...... at present i am working on a duck afghan for my new grandson to be.

Re: Lets have some fun... Getting to know everyone on here -- Alma, 20:37:17 05/02/09 Sat [1]

Hello, my name is Alma. I am like debbie in that I live outside of Chattanooga, TN but only about 15 minutes away. I am married to my best friend for 35 years. We have a DD and a DS and a 8 year old DGS, a 4 year old DGS and a 25 month old DGD. I baby sit the two youngest GC during the school year and all 3 during the summer. That limits how much of anything else I get done. I am worn out at 6:00 pm during the week. I love almost all crafts but not a master of any. Love the wonderful caring people on this board. Thanks so much to all of you. (((Hugs))), Alma

Re: Lets have some fun... Getting to know everyone on here -- Betty from mo, 21:04:54 05/02/09 Sat [1]

I'm one of the Betty's here. I use the Mo to identify me. I'm originally from Idaho, thought it was the most beautiful place until I moved to Georgia 6 yrs ago. I then thought and still do Geogia is great. But a son needed my help so 4 yrs. ago I moved to St. Louis. I'm 56 have 5 boys and 1 daughter, all grown and 15 grands. I was a social worker now I'm on disability. I like to volunteer so I fill in for or craft person in our senior building. Its usually 3 months between activity persons! We have a new one now so I'm on break. I love creating things from nothing. Never had much money so I'm happy I've always been creative.

Re: Lets have some fun... Getting to know everyone on here -- Kristianne25, 23:34:13 05/02/09 Sat [1]

Hello, all My name is Kristi I am 25 and I live in Maryland. I'm from San Angelo Texas but have been back and forth between MD and TX all my life.Dad's family's from MD .Mom's is from TX. I have an 8 year old son "Dylan". My birthday is in August and I am currently unable to work due to multiple disabilities main one being Lyme Disease. I started crafting to keep myself from going crazy while being on my second daily Iv antibiotic treatment. I'm still learning how to do a lot of crafts thanks to everyone here. I'm a home body and only leave my house if I have to. I am very grateful to everyone here and really enjoy visiting the board daily if possible. Take Care..Kristianne25

Re: Lets have some fun... Getting to know everyone on here -- KarenSimon, 00:54:46 05/03/09 Sun [1]

Hi from Southern AZ. We live on the edge of Tucson just outside the city limit. I'm 61. I was born in Nebraska and grew up there and in Denver, CO. I'm married to my high school sweetheart for 39 years. We have one son (37 in June) and one grandson (15 later this month). I have done many crafts thoughout my life. My latest favorites are quilting and computer crafts. DH is retired from IBM but currently looking for work. We don't know what the future holds but Social Security is possible in October when he will be 62.

Re: Lets have some fun... Getting to know everyone on here -- LINDA GREEN, 01:17:21 05/03/09 Sun [1]

Hi My name is Linda Green. I am a widow, 55 years young. I live in Dallas Texas. I have one son ,he is 25.I lived in Tucson Arizona for about 15 years, been back here for 7 years. My mom lives with me I take care of her,
I love doing plastic canvas,
Penny thanks for getting this started

Re: Lets have some fun... Getting to know everyone on here -- Jude_KS, 02:37:39 05/03/09 Sun [1]

Hello Everyone,
My name is Jude, I live in Scott City,KS ( a small town in the west central part of the state),
I'm 62 years old, married to the same guy (Larry)for almost
38 years and have no children.

We are the proud parents of two fur-babies - Minnie and Mickey - Miniature Schnauzers
(almost 2 years old) and total spoiled brats! lol

I love sewing especially applique on clothing and
quilting. I also enjoy gardening very much. This is
the first full summer in our new home and I am loving
every minute of it.

Larry and I both enjoy photography and canning.
He makes the most awesome BBQ sauce and salsa.

Due to some severe health concerns I cannot do
as much of my hobbies as before but I never let a day pass
without doing something that I truly love....

My favorite colors are: Yellow, denim blue, red and black
I collect: Wind chimes, teddy bears, French Chefs and fabric!

Re: Lets have some fun... Getting to know everyone on here -- grannyt, 05:21:09 05/03/09 Sun [1]

my name is Eva (grannyt) Turney. I live in Latrobe, Pa.
We have 3 grown children and 3 wonderful gr-daughters.
I'm a sahm granny!!!
We love to travel. I also do alot of charity work.
Crocheting, quilting and cooking are my favorites!

Re: Lets have some fun... Getting to know everyone on here -- Donna B, 06:48:08 05/03/09 Sun [1]

Hi all, I am Donna B, 77yrs old, born in UP of MI, moved to NM, then 30 yrs. in CO, now in WV. I had 5 children, one now deceased. As of right now, have 11 grands and 3 greatgrands. I don't think there is a craft that I have missed, but now mostly knit, crochet and quilt. Have two paintings on the easel that I started 4 yrs. ago. Someday! Love WV and all the beauty that surrounds me and the wildlife that strolls through my yard. I have a pinched nerve in my lumbar region and that curtails my activity to a great extent, but Life Is Good!

Re: Lets have some fun... Getting to know everyone on here -- KrafteeKaren, 10:43:40 05/03/09 Sun [1]

Well I guess I had better post on this before you all start screaming at me, lol. I'm the crazy lady that keeps this board going...not really I'm just the one that gets rid of the critters that like to post their crap.
I'm 50 plus years old, wife of a "normal" man that doesn't listen for almost 35 years, daughter to a 83 year old man that is about to drive me totally nuts, mother of 3 (31, 29 and 1, Gammie of Allison and in October will be Gammie to possibly either Danielle or Dani (not sure which name yet...even though it is a girl).
I am owner/moderator of this board, have been for 6 years now after a wonderful lady, Shirley T. asked if I would take it over. Our agreement was when she wanted it back then she was more than welcome to it. Sadly Shirley passed away so guess you all are stuck with me, lol.
We live in Kansas and have for many years, although one day I would love to be able to travel. I enjoy all type of crafts but never learned how to knit. A few years ago I went back to college and earned a degree in Web Graphics...the degree and 50 cents will get me a phone call, lol, because I need more education to actually get a job. Taking care of Allison and Danielle/Dani are more important than a job right now. I tinker with printables and put up a site a while back with help from some friends...getting ready to re-do it in the next month, hopefully.
Well I think that is about all that is going on in my life.
Hugs

Re: Lets have some fun... Getting to know everyone on here -- Shirttails, 11:55:29 05/03/09 Sun [1]

Hi, I'm Shirttails and I live in two states, but mainly in Arkansas. I have a home in Illinois, but I visit it less and less. I never married, taught school for 33 years ( 8 and 9 year olds), retired early, and now am enjoying crafting and lots of volunteer work. I love plastic canvas (have done it for many years), and want to learn more about computers so I can do graphics. I have been so fortunate to find friends here who help out when I get a brainstorm. I learned to crochet since retirement and have made some small things. I found myself in a beginners quilting class and joined the guild 2 years ago. I'm almost finished with my first quilt top. It was fun, time consuming, and took up lots of space on the living room floor until I sewed the pieces together. Good thing there are no pets around, or I would have spent time moving pieces of fabric. I enjoy watching the various birds from my porch when I have the time to sit. So glad to have found so many nice cyberfriends here at Voy.

Re: Lets have some fun... Getting to know everyone on here -- Janet W., 16:18:21 05/03/09 Sun [1]

Hi! I'm Janet. I live in Central Texas and will be 55 later this month. I love to do all kinds of crafts. I like to crochet, do counted cross stitch, computer crafts, a little bit of painting, beadwork, sewing, quilting - (Did I say I like to try ALL kinds of crafts!) I retired two years ago from teaching kindergarten and like all teachers have quite a stockpile of stuff. I volunteer for our local nursing home service with my church. I read constantly and just generally enjoy life. I appreciate all of the great talented ladies on this forum who share so generously with the rest of us. Thanks so much. My day is not the same if I don't get the chance to check out this site.

Re: Lets have some fun... Getting to know everyone on here -- Melinda Maynard, 21:55:23 05/03/09 Sun [1]

Hi Everyone! My name is Melinda. I am from Mississippi but currently live in central Florida. I have 3 children. One was stillborn and I have a wonderful 19 year old son and a beautiful 15 year old daughter. My son is a senior and going to graduate in a few weeks. My daughter is a freshman who is now trying to obtain her driving permit. I work full time for the school board. My children was my life. I think that is why God chose me to be a mom. They are truly my world. I love to paint and/or craft in my "spare" time. Right now I simply work and am there for my children.

I love to fresh water fish when I go home to MS. I lost my stepfather on Christmas Eve this past year and I have a HUGE hole in my heart. He was a wonderful man that I love dearly. A great friend to me. My mom is my best friend though and I love her so. She is JUST THE VERY BEST MOM EVER!

I love anything with Santas, snowmen and Bambi. yes Bambi. I just love that little guy.

Re: Lets have some fun... Getting to know everyone on here -- va, 22:04:13 05/03/09 Sun [1]

Thanks for starting this fun and interesting post. I have enjoyed reading it.
I love this place so much and am sorry I have not been on much lately. The best, sweetest, and most helpful people are on here.
Married 38 years now. My hubby spends alot of time in Iraq and Afghanistan.
He is home right now for our daughters wedding May 9th.
We have 4 girls and the last one is getting married now.
Our other 3 are married. My oldest has 2 boys, second has one girl, and youngest has 2 girls.
I am sure the next to get married will grow our family larger given time....
I am a preschool teacher. I love my job and stay very busy with it and family.
I am originally a Sooner. We have lived in Georgia for about 20 years and enjoy it here very much.
Love crafting when I can make time.
Bless you all.
Virginia

Re: Lets have some fun... Getting to know everyone on here -- Nancy in mo, 19:11:35 05/14/09 Thu [1]

Me too! I guess i was sleeping when this was started. I am Nancy in MO. I live on a small farm in Missouri. I raise chickens and cats LOL. I am married for 25 years this year and have 1 son named Michael. He is the light of my life. I love to hunt, fish and be outdoors, well untill it gets too hot. I have so much fun making toppers and printables, it gives me great pleasure to help others. Nancy in mo.

Re: Lets have some fun... Getting to know everyone on here -- BJ Stanley, 23:57:39 05/15/09 Fri [1]

Hi, My name is BJ, I live in Ohio on 10 1/2 acres. I like Plastic Canvas, Cross Stitching, Crocheting, General Crafts, really anything I can get my hands on, lol. I breed Pomeranians(10), Pygmy Goats( & Black-bellied Barbados Sheep(7). Also I have a Mini Horse,a Pot-Bellied Pig,a Lab/Retriever Mix,a Goffin Cockatoo, a Corn Snake, a Ball Python, a 9 ft. Boa Constrictor named Baby,Many Barn Cats and a husband who I've been married to for the last 18 years. Been disabled for the past 3 years with bad back so not much to do but my crafts. One thing I do love to do is Cook & Bake. I used to decorate cakes till my back gave out.Well that's about it for me. Love this site and meeting new people. Hugs, BJ

Re:Lets have some fun...Getting to know everyone on here--PattyWV,
05/27/09 Wed

Hi I'm PattyWV,I live in WV.Preston County home of the Buckwheat Festival.
I'm married to the same guy since 1975.We have two grown children a son and a daughter.
Each has given us two beautiful grandaughters.
I like to craft when I have free time.
I'm an in home childcare provider so there's not a lot of free time...lol
Presently I have a two year old,and ocassionally a grandaughter.
My favorite swap on VOY is the recipe cards.
My favorite color is green.I love fairys and hummingbirds.
Date Posted: 11:23:04 05/22/09 Fri
Author: Doreen G.
Subject: Re: Lets have some fun... Getting to know everyone on here

Did anybody miss this??? I love reading about everyone.
Doreen G.

Replies:
[> Re: Lets have some fun... Getting to know everyone on here -- Teresa, 22:02:38 05/22/09 Fri [1]

My name is Teresa and I am from North Carolina. I have been married 34 years come June. I have 2 grown children who still live at home which I don't mind. I have gone back to school to get my degree in early childhood. I have been a preschool teacher for 19 years. I love to do crafts, read, and go to the mountains. Right now I am working on card making!

[> Re: Lets have some fun... Getting to know everyone on here -- Sharlet, 00:52:55 05/23/09 Sat [1]

I am Sharlet from Missouri. Born and raised right here in the same city; in fact my family has been here for seven generations now as it was my great-great-grandfather who actually founded our city. I am retired from the State of MO where I worked in our County judicial system. The only job I had. I love being retired even if it does take some budgeting each month. I do a lot of volunteer work, some for my Church and also making newborn and chemo hats for one of the local hospitals. Like all needlework and am totally addicted to loom knitting. Love to be with my family, read, walk, grow flowers. I a die-hard passionate St. Louis Cardinals fan. It is the only good thing about summer. I hate summer and the heat and humidity and hardly ever go outside during those months.

[> Re: Lets have some fun... Getting to know everyone on here -- sallysue, 10:13:40 05/23/09 Sat [1]

Hi my name is Judy aka sallysue, I live close to the beaches,alot of them in brunswick Co. N.C. a place called Supply, now i stay in Bolivia between wilmington and myrtle beach, I can go to the mountains in about 5 hr. I love to bake,I do wedding cakes, and i love doing crafts, If i see it most of the time i can make it,I have two sons and 5 grands that i love,have a big garden and love to clam in the summer time and work out side. Oh did i say I'm ingaged for 25 years got to know him first,I do love being on her and all the people and i get so many good recipes.

[> Re: Lets have some fun... Getting to know everyone on here -- Linda Ohio now GA, 13:58:59 05/23/09 Sat [1]

I've been here sooo long that everyone should know me with the exception of newbies. I'm Linda but called Linners by most everyone since there are many women named Linda. I used to live in Ohio until we moved to GA soon to be 7 years ago. Hubby Ivan and I are both retired. We have one adopted by love daughter, 5 grandkids and 4 greatgrandkids, one dog and 5 cats. I love paper crafts, sewing, and recycling type crafts.
crafterwannabe

Postby crafterwannabe » Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:26 am

Voy Members Checking In...

Date Posted: 06:04:12 04/29/09 Wed
Author: Doreen
Subject: OT ~ For those who have not posted in a while and all browsers...

Please dear friends, could you take a few seconds to post and say hello...I think of so many of you and hope all of you are well. You are missed!

For those who are browsing we do not bite, do let us know who you are and come in and stay a while, this is a lovely place to visit : )
Hugs
Doreen

Replies:
[> Re: OT ~ For those who have not posted in a while and all browsers... -- Debbie White, 06:50:20 04/29/09 Wed [1]

Just dropping by to say hello and to say how much I enjoy Craftsayings. I am from WV and I browse this site almost daily. I do contribute on occassion, but mostly just look around at the wonderful posts and information that you girls provide here. This is one of the most informative craft boards that I have seen. You all do a wonderful job with it and I love the fact that there are so many wonderful people here.

[> Re: OT ~ For those who have not posted in a while and all browsers... -- Bev(nearlycrafty), 08:06:00 04/29/09 Wed [1]

Hello Doreen and thank you for caring about all us browsers. I, too, check each day to see what the gals are cooking up for crafts and recipes. I do not share often, but this site is such a pleasure to visit and I get so many great ideas. I guess, (long overdue) it's time to thank all you wonderful, sharing ladies.

[> Re: OT ~ For those who have not posted in a while and all browsers... -- Dixiecup, 08:26:55 04/29/09 Wed [1]

Hi Doreen and Everyone!
I check in nearly everyday but seldom post. I babysit my 17 mo. old granddaughter and if she is awake, she likes to help me type. LOL It would make for some interesting posts!

[> Re: OT ~ For those who have not posted in a while and all browsers... -- Teresa Stevens, 08:38:44 04/29/09 Wed [1]

I'm one who checks in periodically. I have just had a recurrence of cancer so my energy level isn't what it used to be. But it does my heart good to see the positive creations on this forum. For that positive energy, I'm grateful.

[> Re: OT ~ For those who have not posted in a while and all browsers... -- Marci, 10:23:39 04/29/09 Wed [1]

Hi everyone! hope all is well with all of you.

Ive been crazy busy working horrible hours at work. But I try to check in every few days.

Big Hugs to all
Marci

[> Re: OT ~ For those who have not posted in a while and all browsers... -- Donna B, 10:38:33 04/29/09 Wed [1]

I visit almost daily and greatly enjoy the people and ideas on this forum. I don't craft a lot any more since I moved to WV from CO, mainly, I don't know where anything is anymore. Mostly, I quilt nowadays and I know where my fabic is...every spare inch of space. For a retired person, I am kept very busy, I wonder how I found time to work. I have 11 grandchildren, 6 of which are here in WV, and 3 great grands. So, I sew. My oldest daughter is just over the mountains in VA. She is responsible for my fabric addiction and quilting.

[> Re: OT ~ For those who have not posted in a while and all browsers... -- Huskerfan, 12:14:07 04/29/09 Wed [1]

Doreen aren't you just the sweetest person. I love it that people do come to see what the ladies are all doing here. Debbie, Dixiecup, Marci, Teresa, and Donna we are glad you all do stop by and would like to tell you Hi. Bev I have seen you around. Teresa Saying a prayer for you. My DD had cancer and it is one that can return they say and I know the second time would have to be really bad. Anything I can do just let me know. Welcome to all.
Linda

[> Re: OT ~ For those who have not posted in a while and all browsers... -- Sunnyshares, 12:25:38 04/29/09 Wed [1]

I have't posted for ages and it's a shame because this is my favorite site. I recently lost my mom and I've been trying to deal with everything that's going on. I know I'll be back and all of you wonderful ladies will still be here.

[> Re: OT ~ For those who have not posted in a while and all browsers... -- Happily Retired, 13:05:28 04/29/09 Wed [1]

Hi Thanks for this site. I check it everyday. I've noticed that the other forums I check have just about come to a halt. Guess everyone's crazy busy with spring things.
Keep up the good work!!

[> Re: OT ~ For those who have not posted in a while and all browsers... -- * Crafty Sue *, 13:27:29 04/29/09 Wed [1]

Doreen you've had a brilliant idea with this post.
It is so nice of you to think of all the invisible browsers and the others that have strayed a little from posting on the Voy... I see you've been answered already.
Way to go girl!
Hugs to all,
Susan.

[> Re: OT ~ For those who have not posted in a while and all browsers... -- LeeW, 13:47:18 04/29/09 Wed [1]

Hi Doreen :) I do not post here as often as I would like, but I do visit almost every day. I've come here for years, but am probably like a newcomer to some :)

I love visiting your blog also, but have not been able the past few days because the motherboard went on my computer. It's fixed now and I'm back up and running so will go board hopping today :)

[> Re: OT ~ For those who have not posted in a while and all browsers... -- Faye, 14:32:50 04/29/09 Wed [1]

I check in several times daily. I really enjoy seeing what others are doing. I have been having health issues and don't get to do many things.

[> Re: OT ~ For those who have not posted in a while and all browsers... -- Debbie in Va, 14:34:04 04/29/09 Wed [1]

Hi everyone,
I do love this site! I don't post much but do come here almost every day and love to read all the new ideas all of you come up with! Love all the individual stories, too. I don't craft that much anymore but try a thing or two every once in awhile. I share your feelings with all the ups and downs of all of you and think about you always. Keep up your good work and know that others are thinking about you! Keep on posting and thanks to everyone! I even share some of your ideas with others.
Hugs to all.
Debbie in Va

[> Re: OT ~ For those who have not posted in a while and all browsers... -- Stitches, 14:34:54 04/29/09 Wed [1]

Very well said Doreen, even a lot of us old times don't post some times... we just get busy... Sorry to say I am one of those... Hope your computer is up and running soon Doreen.... Hugs Pat

[> Re: OT ~ For those who have not posted in a while and all browsers... -- asjmom, 15:30:41 04/29/09 Wed [1]

Doreen, You are such a sweetheart. And thank you so very much for your lovely e-mail. I don't get to post a lot with my busy work schedule but do try and visit as much as I can. This truly is a wonderful site. I have been blessed with special friendships and I want to thank everyone for taking the time to share their ideas...Hugs, Debbie

[> Re: OT ~ For those who have not posted in a while and all browsers... -- debbie, 15:57:09 04/29/09 Wed [1]

Hi, my name is debbie and this board is one of my daily stops sometimes 2 or 3 times a day. i never post but it feels like i know all of you and whats going on, never miss the prayer posts, and thankful to have this very caring board. i live in tn and my daughter is about to have a little girl the middle of the month but she lives in fla so getting ready for a trip. just wanted to let you know this is an awsesome site, would be lost without my daily visits.

[> Re: OT ~ For those who have not posted in a while and all browsers... -- Joann, 16:24:16 04/29/09 Wed [1]

Doreen,
What a nice idea you had! I became a member back on December 2004. I too check the posts everyday but usually late in the evening. I truly "Love this Forum and all the Wonderful Ladies" that take the time to share. I don't post to much but do when I can be of help to someone here on the board, and have been helped many times by you "Wonderful Ladies!" So, from the "First State"...Delaware...Thanks To All...Hugs Joann

[> Re: OT ~ For those who have not posted in a while and all browsers... -- Connie Gail, 16:32:14 04/29/09 Wed [1]

A wonderful post and a great opportunity to get re-connected again! I love visiting both VOY boards! All of you girls are so friendly, helpful and kind. I'm thankful for such a wonderful place to gather and share with one another.
Thanks to each of you...:O)
Hugs,
Connie Gail

[> Re: OT ~ For those who have not posted in a while and all browsers... -- cathy in az.., 17:45:10 04/29/09 Wed [1]

hello im here and i always lurk at least twice a day..its fun checking to see who pops in and what new ideas show up to share..i so enjoy this group alot..i dont know how long this group has been here but i sure do not know what i would without it now..

[> Re: OT ~ For those who have not posted in a while and all browsers... -- Joan, 19:18:26 04/29/09 Wed [1]

I have been coming here from day one, I used to live in Utah but live in Arizona for the past 2 years. Did not have the internet while we built the house but now I am back on and come daily to lurk around. I used to do the recipe swaps, probably will do that again now that I am getting settled. Joan

[> [> Re: OT ~ For those who have not posted in a while and all browsers... -- cathy in az.., 03:58:40 04/30/09 Thu [1]

what part of arizona did you move to..i love the sunsets and sunrises here in arizona...it is breath taking..
where i am at night the stars are so bright and it looks like you can reach up and touch them...i love star gazing..

[> Re: OT ~ For those who have not posted in a while and all browsers... -- Lisajo, 20:22:18 04/29/09 Wed [1]

I too frequent the board and enjoy all the creative ideas. Thank you so much to the ladies who contribute!

Teresa, I've said a prayer for you.
Hugs, Lisajo

[> Re: OT ~ For those who have not posted in a while and all browsers... -- Rochelle, 22:11:15 04/29/09 Wed [1]

Hi Doreen,
thanks for asking about everyone, I haven't been on here in a while, my husband has had a bloodclot and has been in the hospital, so we have been going back and forth since he got out for coumidin levels and my 12 yr old is being tested for diabetes, also please say a prayer for me this week as next Tuesday i have to have tests done I have not told any of my family except my husband (my daddy died with stomach cancer so I figure we will wait and see) if there is a problem we will cross that bridge when we get to it.

thanks for all you all do you girls are GREAT
Rochelle

[> Re: OT ~ For those who have not posted in a while and all browsers... -- Sondra, 22:20:37 04/29/09 Wed [1]

Hi Doreen and Everyone...It seems like it's been forever since I've been here.
Life has been very, very busy for me...thought I'd take a few minutes this evening to see what's going on with the Voy Ladies... I have missed all of you !
I'll try to get back here more often and do better at posting.
Take Care Everyone,
Sondra

[> Re: OT ~ For those who have not posted in a while and all browsers... -- Doreen, 03:07:10 04/30/09 Thu [1]

Oh WOW how lovely to see so many of you posting again...I had a feeling most of you still visited. Thanks for your kind and sweet comments...you have been missed and I am sure I speak on behalf of many when I say that.
It is wonderful that you have connected again and I just want to add that I have you all in my prayers especially those who are most in need.
I look forward to 'seeing' you posting more often and hope others who have been MIA will post too : )
Hugs and Blessings,
Doreen

[> [> Re: OT ~ For those who have not posted in a while and all browsers... -- bonny, 07:25:19 04/30/09 Thu [1]

I come here several times a day and so much appreciate the girls who provide links to so many great sites. I'm happy to be at least the third West Virginia to add to this post. I'm from Martinsburg - where in WV are you?

[> [> [> Re: OT ~ For those who have not posted in a while and all browsers... -- Bonny, 07:27:01 04/30/09 Thu [1]

Make that West VirginiaN - missed the n on the end

[> Re: OT ~ For those who have not posted in a while and all browsers... -- Donna B, 09:10:53 04/30/09 Thu [1]

Tallmansville, WV, mighty small but mighty beautiful country 'round here.

[> [> Re: OT ~ For those who have not posted in a while and all browsers... -- Bonny, 19:36:27 04/30/09 Thu [1]

Donna - is Tallmansville close to Elkins?

Tallman is a family name - do you know who the town was named for?

[> Re: OT ~ For those who have not posted in a while and all browsers... -- Jane B, 09:24:29 04/30/09 Thu [1]

Hello Doreen,
Wishes from Wisconsin. I check the board as often as possible. Wish I could do it everyday! This board is fantastic! Thanks to everyone that keeps this board active. Love it, just love it!!!

[> Re: OT ~ For those who have not posted in a while and all browsers... -- Joan, 09:40:13 04/30/09 Thu [1]

I moved to the white mountains, I take tons of sunset photos and sunrise. I am going to make a calendar, for all my Utah friends. I could buy one but I want to take photos of what I see, when we drive down to the valley we go through Payson and I take photos of all the cactus. Love the weather and the skies. They are the best. Joan

[> Re: OT ~ For those who have not posted in a while and all browsers... -- GramaDee, 11:49:16 04/30/09 Thu [1]

Hi Doreen!
I find I don't post as often as I should, but I am always in a hurry to read all the postings! Lots to see, do and save from the ladies here. I appreciate all those that do those postings...Thank You one and all!
Hugs~
Dee

[> Re: OT ~ For those who have not posted in a while and all browsers... -- Kay(PA), 12:03:07 04/30/09 Thu [1]

Hi Everyone,
I'd love to check this site everyday, but my schedule ust doesn't allow it. Sometimes like today I sneek a peek during my break. I drop in just to see what's going on and sometimes ask for help which I appreciate very much. Everyone is so willing to share information, advice, creative crafts and poems. Thank you all for being here.
Kay(PA)

[> Re: OT ~ For those who have not posted in a while and all browsers... -- M♥ther Hen <><, 14:28:04 04/30/09 Thu [1]

Oh , what a treat to see many wonderful Names ,
Thanks for each NEW posters NAME >
and nice to see some old friends names !!!
Mother Hen <><

[> Re: OT ~ For those who have not posted in a while and all browsers... -- MrsLadebug, 17:44:31 04/30/09 Thu [1]

Hello,
I don't post, or Craft as much as I used too. But I still check the board almost everyday. Think I just got burnt out.
"Thank You" to everyone of You wonderful ladies that share all your creative idea's with us and for all the ladies that take the time to help those like me that don't know how to do a lot of this. Thanks for caring and sharing. Thanks also to Karen and all the ladies that take care of the board. It's You that make this the great board that it is.
May God Bless each and everyone of You.
(((Big Hugs))),
Frances
AKA
MrsLadebug

[> Re: OT ~ For those who have not posted in a while and all browsers... -- knuckstermom(bonnie), 18:07:02 04/30/09 Thu [1]

hi everyone! Me too!!LOL. I sure do hope everyone that has health issues and their loved ones are soon on the mend! Isn't it wonderful that we have such great friends in Doreen and all the voy pals!

[> Re: OT ~ For those who have not posted in a while and all browsers... -- Mary S, 20:19:12 04/30/09 Thu [1]

Sorry have not been on in awhile. DD who is pregnant has been very sick. Has had many tests and labwork done in past few weeks which have come back abnormal. She is to see a special perinatologist in 2 weeks. Keeping fingers crossed that things are better than what they believe. Hope everyone is well and enjoying their spring! Happy crafting.

[> [> Re: OT ~ For those who have not posted in a while and all browsers... -- Redwine, 22:02:12 04/30/09 Thu [1]

I browse here often and seldom post. I love this board. I live in NC. I am trying to put together a website. I have only just begun it so you might want to wait a while to chek it out but you can find it at http://www.PurpleFlamingoOnline.com/
Sandie

[> [> Re: OT ~ For those who have not posted in a while and all browsers... -- Doreen, 04:37:08 05/01/09 Fri [1]

Oh Mary I am so sorry to hear this, I am keeping your DD in my thoughts and prayers and hope things will improve, keep the faith, I will pray for you too.
Hugs
Doreen

[> Re: OT ~ For those who have not posted in a while and all browsers... -- Sam's Gram, 22:14:52 04/30/09 Thu [1]

I get so much from this forum--great ideas, some that I actually get around to trying. Like I tell my friends, I seldom have an original idea--most of them come from the wonderful ladies at the "craft website". THanks for all the sharing.

[> Re: OT ~ For those who have not posted in a while and all browsers... -- Janet W., 23:09:10 04/30/09 Thu [1]

Thank you so much to all of you who post often. I've learned so much about so many different things. I don't post often but I do check out this board daily. Thanks so much for sharing your expertise with us.
Janet

[> Re: OT ~ For those who have not posted in a while and all browsers... -- Donna B, 06:28:26 05/01/09 Fri [1]

Bonny, yes, Tallmansville is just west of Elkins. Don't know about the founder, think it was a Tenney, but my SIL's grandmother was a Tallman.

[> Re: OT ~ For those who have not posted in a while and all browsers... -- Debbie White, 06:56:02 05/01/09 Fri [1]

I am from the Williamson, WV area. We are on the WV/KY border. In fact, I can look out my backdoor and see the state of KY. The "Tug River" seperates the 2 states.

[> Re: OT ~ For those who have not posted in a while and all browsers... -- inez, 07:58:38 05/01/09 Fri [1]

hi don't get here often but love your site and every one is helpful you all are a great group of ladies thanks for such a out of this world site
inez

[> Re: OT ~ For those who have not posted in a while and all browsers... -- Kat/PA, 10:13:32 05/01/09 Fri [1]

I browse here almost every day but seldom post. I love this board and the people on it. Everyone is so nice and friendly. I live in western part of PA. It is a rainy and dark day after the 80 degree weather we had beging of week. Take care.
Kat/PA

[> Re: OT ~ For those who have not posted in a while and all browsers... -- Grandmajo, 10:27:23 05/01/09 Fri [1]

What a great post, I visit here EVERY day, it's usually my first stop, and I have gotten so many great ideas from here, I don't post much, but so enjoy what everyone shares. I'm in western Nebraska, and its rainy today, and they're even talking snow!
Happy May Day everyone!
Jo

[> Re: OT ~ For those who have not posted in a while and all browsers... -- Sue B, 14:24:11 05/01/09 Fri [1]

Doreen, this is my very favorite site to read every day. I have done many crafts over the years,but my favorite is artificial floral arranging. I have COPD, and not able to go to my craft house often. I do the simple ones that I can do inside the house. I recently learned to knit a little, and made several pairs of the fuzzy flip-flops. I also made several spoon angels. Last Christmas I made the stick angel pins. I don't feel that I contribute much, just a 'copy cat'. Thanks to all who give me these ideas.Sue B

[> [> Re: OT ~ For those who have not posted in a while and all browsers... -- Bronwyn, 17:14:44 05/01/09 Fri [1]

I have been busy with wedding preparations and making and decorating the cake so have not posted in a while.
Wedding is today
Have a good weekeend
Bronwyn

[> Re: OT ~ For those who have not posted in a while and all browsers... -- Joy, 22:19:55 05/01/09 Fri [1]

It has been a loon time since I posted, but, I check in to the forum often. Its one of my all time favorites, I will definitely try to say a hello more often here on in. You all are a friendly helpful group of ladies. I've learned a lot from all the things you post and share.

[> Re: OT ~ For those who have not posted in a while and all browsers... -- Jill, 22:46:14 05/01/09 Fri [1]

Hi Thanks for this site. I check it everynight. I love the craft and receipes ideas here....thanks ladies.
Keep up the good work!!

[> Re: OT ~ For those who have not posted in a while and all browsers... -- nonacook, 04:00:01 05/02/09 Sat [1]

I come often, but have not been crafting much lately.
Enjoy seeing what others are doing. I do try to post on the prayer requests,but sometimes I miss one of those.
Prayers for those in this posting--several seemed to need help from the Lord.

[> Re: OT ~ For those who have not posted in a while and all browsers... -- Nancy, 04:53:06 05/02/09 Sat [1]

I am a browser, love this website and all of you.
Everyone is so kind and caring. I have had so much going with 2 sons weddings, showers, ect. Enjoying every moment of it all. Thank you for all that post.

[> Re: OT ~ For those who have not posted in a while and all browsers... -- patticake, 09:04:47 05/02/09 Sat [1]

Hi everyone this is a great post. I have been guilty of browsing and not posting lately too. I have not been doing many crafts since I discovered cake decorating, but love to find new ideas for later. Since my son passed away last year I just haven't wanted to do a lot of stuff. I need to get back into it though, since I have 2 rooms full of supplies.LOL

[> Re: OT ~ For those who have not posted in a while and all browsers... -- nancy Brood, 10:13:39 05/02/09 Sat [1]

I love this site. I go on to read what everyone is doing.
I need help with most of it things and I really have trouble posting. I enjoy what everyone does. I have a helper who goes on line for me.
Thanks for sharing

[> Re: OT ~ For those who have not posted in a while and all browsers... -- Gardenbabe, 10:16:06 05/02/09 Sat [1]

I just lost all of my bookmarks during the cleansing time of getting rid of a trojan. I had to have my computer's hard drive erased and reinstalled. This is the ONE place that I remembered the address. I'm a crafter with my church group, and we often visit here and share with you all. I love this site, and I would be safe in saying it is my favorite site and I have been web surfing for over ten years! I'm also known as Dixiedarlin' . Betty/Gardenbabe

[> Re: OT ~ For those who have not posted in a while and all browsers... -- Doreen, 11:53:36 05/02/09 Sat [1]

When I first posted this, I had no idea there were so many of you...it has made my day and my week to see so many who used to post and so many new names too!
This is indeed the best'est' group ever : )
Hugs and Blessings to everyone,
Doreen

[> Re: OT ~ For those who have not posted in a while and all browsers... -- shirley, 17:59:00 05/02/09 Sat [1]

I've been coming to this forum for over 5 years. i'm afraid that I lurk more than anything.I was in Missouri when I joined as{Bluegumball} and now we've been back in Oregon for 4 years. I feel as though I know so many of you and after I check my mail, I always come here, usually a couple times a day. You are the friendlist and most caring group of people out there.

[> [> Re: OT ~ For those who have not posted in a while and all browsers... -- Donije, 18:06:09 05/02/09 Sat [1]

I mostly browse but post sometimes. I usually try to check daily so what is happening. I get so many ideas from this group. I live in Colorado and it is raining here today.

[> Re: OT ~ For those who have not posted in a while and all browsers... -- Deryl, 20:12:26 05/02/09 Sat [1]

With a full time job and trying to get a business off the ground, I just don't have a whole lot of time to spend posting to the net. I try to check in with you wonderful people on the weekends, but that is really hard some weeks. Love to read and see what everyone is up to. This is one group of very talented ladies. Thanks for allowing me to just look at what you do.

[> Re: OT ~ For those who have not posted in a while and all browsers... -- ginnyp, 22:18:27 05/02/09 Sat [1]

My favorite place to visit too. I don't post much either but enjoy your company every morning . I live in Eastern Washington and the snow has finally melted and tulips are begining to bloom, this is a great place to visit, everyone helps if you need it or encourages you, and last but by no means least they have a prayer for you.

[> Re: OT ~ For those who have not posted in a while and all browsers... -- Melinda Maynard, 21:57:27 05/03/09 Sun [1]

Sorry I have been away. Work is really hectic right now, I have a 19 year going to graduate soon and my life seems to be running in high gear. I will come by when I can but I think this next month is going to be a nightmare for me. WISH ME LUCK as my old make this huge change in his life and goes into another phase. It is hard on both of us.

[> Re: OT ~ For those who have not posted in a while and all browsers... -- va, 22:14:01 05/03/09 Sun [1]

Nice post, Doreen.
I regret that I have not been on much lately either.
I used to be here every single day.
Got so busy with family things like hubby being away, a new grandson, a daughters wedding this Saturday, plus work.
I hope to have more time very soon, because I love this place and all the sweet ladies who are so creative, and always share with everyone.
Bless you all.
va

[> Re: OT ~ For those who have not posted in a while and all browsers... -- Barbara, 22:45:54 05/03/09 Sun [1]

I don't post very often but check out the Voy several times a day. I from Miami, FL but live in Alabama. I have four grown children, ten grandchildren and five great-grandchildren. I drive a school bus out in the country. My husband passed away in March so I slowly trying to adjust to living alone. Haven't been doing any crafts lately just can't get started. But I really love the Voy. All you talented ladies are so great for sharing your wonderful ideas with the rest of us.
Thanks for all ya'll do
Barbara

[> Re: OT ~ For those who have not posted in a while and all browsers... -- JAN E, 09:31:44 05/05/09 Tue [1]

Hi, everyone. I have not posted in awhile because I gained 42 more hours a month at work. Come home and usually in bed by 830pm. Just can not get use to so many more hours. I am now the 1st. person under the activity director so when she is not there, I need to take her place. Come home and need to get all craft projects ready for the next day. I will try harder to post more often. JAN E

[> Re: OT ~ For those who have not posted in a while and all browsers... -- katieangelamber, 13:27:34 05/05/09 Tue [1]

Hi Doreen! I'm still here and checking in as often as i can. Hugs, katieangelamber

[> Re: OT ~ For those who have not posted in a while and all browsers... -- Theresa, 18:46:11 05/14/09 Thu [1]

im still here sorry for not posting sooner been busy with grandchildren will try and post more often Hugs to everyone

[> Re: OT ~ For those who have not posted in a while and all browsers... -- Kalucy, 18:47:25 05/14/09 Thu [1]

Great post Doreen
This voy is where I have my daily morning coffee just after my email, sorry I have been away some what this past couple of months, with moving, illness, DH knee replacement, and trying to keep up with everything I do more reading than posting lately,

I live in the Nortwest and I go by Kalucy (Alaska name)but sometimes I sign off as Gayle (real name)

Enjoy everyone on here,
Hugs
Gayle

[> Re: OT ~ For those who have not posted in a while and all browsers... -- Simone, 19:08:19 05/14/09 Thu [1]

Hi, I'm from Ontario, Canada. I just love this site, I check it every day, have not done so for the past 2 weeks as I went to Kamloops, B.C to my granddaughter's wedding and just came back yesterday morning very tired but happy. I've made some great friends on this site, we keep in touch all the time and the help that I get with my crafts from all over the world is just fantastic.
HUGS to all
Simone

[> Re: OT ~ For those who have not posted in a while and all browsers... -- grandmalynn, 19:14:41 05/14/09 Thu [1]

Hi! it's been a while since I've visited this forum. Been busy quilting and had two new grandbabies last fall; one to a unmarried DD. I'm hoping to get involved again. Lynn

[> Re: OT ~ For those who have not posted in a while and all browsers... -- SallyIndy, 22:54:11 05/14/09 Thu [1]

Well I am a VOY addict but haven't had as much time lately to post. I am from Indiana and love being able to contribute a poem occasionally. Married 40 years with son, daughter and 5 grand-blessings including one special guy...Max! Have been blessed to have an art studio for 36 years with a passion for fired art...clay, glass, porcelain and more! Have made friends on this site and consider you all an inspiration! >^..^<

[> Re: OT ~ For those who have not posted in a while and all browsers... -- Gailp (hello), 23:59:23 05/14/09 Thu [1]

Hello - still reading the posts. Keep up the good advice. crafts and interesting into. Love you all.

[> Re: OT ~ For those who have not posted in a while and all browsers... -- Karen, 20:02:41 05/18/09 Mon [1]

Just wanted to say, that I love this site. All of you are so talented. A special thanks to the ones that keep this board going. I visit as often as I can, and I love the companionship and concern that everyone shows. Thanks so much!!!
crafterwannabe

Return to Archive Board